I don’t blame people for wanting to get a Masters Degree. It’s not their fault that they’ve been tricked into believing that, a Masters Degree is the best way to further their career in business. Here, we have highlighted the 11 Must read books for business instead of getting a business degree.
But, as we all know, spending over Ksh 300,000 or more for a useless education — and putting yourself in debt for the next 5 to 10 years — is the wrong move for 95% of people.
So how are you supposed to learn what you need to get ahead? Books. Now, I know that’s an ambiguous answer. There are millions of books. Thousands on every topic. You could spend your entire life reading books on business. I’m here to solve that problem.
11 Must read books for business
And since a business degree is a pointless waste of time, the best way to educate yourself on business is by reading books. Here’s a list of the 11 books you should read instead of getting a business degree.
- Titan: The life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow – This is a must-read for anyone interested in business.
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene – This is a Strategy book on how to navigate the corporate world.
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini – This book will assist you in when making Sales by getting people to buy what you’re selling.
- Letters to Berkshire Hathaway Shareholders by Warren Buffett – Read this book to improve your Communication skills i.e You need to know how to talk well.
- Confessions of an Advertising Man by David Ogilvy – How to make things look beautiful and attractive.
- Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin – the book is about Organizational Theory and you’ll be able to learn from America’s greatest president.
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham- This book will aid you in Finance it was Written by Warren Buffett’s mentor.
- The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith – This is a useful book about Economics it is sad but I have to admit that the book is Dull but necessary to read.
- The Adweek Copywriting Handbook by Joseph Sugarman – Copywriting The most underrated skill in business.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie – Read this book to improve your Networking skills.
- Mastery by Robert Greene – This is a Self-development book. Though it is often ignored, it is the most important book of all time
Before you take your leave, I thought you might be interested to read about the Steps for Business Name Search and Registration in Kenya. If you read and master these books, I believe that you’ll know more than 99% of MBA graduates. Now go on… Read! Remeber to share this article.