Nationals of foreign countries who require a Visa or Passport to enter Kenya can now make and pay for their application online by visiting the eVisa Kenya web portal and selecting the appropriate account they wish to create.
All Visa applications are to be made online according to the new regulations introduced by the Kenyan government. Click here to view the full list of Countries and individuals who may be issued with an eVisa upon application on www.ecitizen.go.ke.
A Visa is required prior to entry into The Republic of Kenya, the e-Visa printout must be presented at the port of entry. It takes at least 2 working days to get your eVisa.
Each adult visitor to the Republic of Kenya is required to submit eVisa applications in their personal ecitizen account. Parents can apply for their children in the parent’s account.
You are advised to apply for a visa 7 days in advance of your intended travel date, though approvals are usually granted within 2 to 3 days. Once approved and issued, a visa to Kenya is valid for travel within 3 months.
How do I apply for a Visa to Kenya?
Persons applying for any type of Visa should have
- A valid travel document not less than six months.
- A complete visa application form
- At least One Blank page in the holder’s passport and
- A return ticket.
- A Six Months valid Passport
- Click here to see the Photo & upload requirements, during Registration
Types of Kenyan Visas
Single Journey Visa
This type of Visa is given for Single or Multiple entries to persons whose country of origin require visas to enter Kenya.
Courtesy or Official Visa
This type of Visa is issued to persons holding Official or Service passports on Official duty. Ordinary passport holders who are not entitled to a Diplomatic visa are also issued with this type of isa as considered by the Director to be desirable on the grounds of international courtesy.
Diplomatic Visa is Issued for Single or Multiple entries to holders of Diplomatic passport on official duty.
A Transit Visa is issued to persons whose nationalities require visas to enter Kenya and who intend to transit through Kenya to a different destination. Its validity is 3 – 4 days
East Africa Tourist Visa
This is a joint tourist visa that entitles holders to travel to and within the East Africa community for the purpose of tourism for a duration of 90 days.
Kenyan Visa Application Fees
|Visa Type||Visa Fees|
|Single entry visa – Business or Tourism||$ 51.00|
|Transit Visa||$ 21.00|
|East Africa Tourist Visa||$ 101.00|
How to Apply for a Kenyan Visa on eVisa Kenya portal
Steps for visa application on eVisa Kenya web portal
- Visit the eVisa web portal on your computer browser and click on the “create an account” on the eVisa visitor button
- Fill in the form provided by providing the correct information to create your account
- After you have Logged in, Select Department of Immigration services then click on “Make application” blue button
- Select the type of Visa and read the Instructions Carefully and proceed to fill in the application form.
- Pay Using Visa Card, Mastercard, and other debit cards.
- Wait for approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
- Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
- Visa processing fee is nonrefundable
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The possession of an eVisa is not the final Authority to enter The Republic of Kenya.
- Engaging in any form of business or employment without a requisite permit or pass is an offense.