Education Cabinet Secretary Dr. Fred Matiang’i has today announced the release of results for the just concluded 2017 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) Exams. Here is how to how to check 2017 KCPE results via SMS or online.
This year KCPE exam saw the top candidate score 455 marks out of 500 which indicates an improvement over last year candidate who scored 437 marks.
How to Check 2017 KCPE Results Through SMS
To check you 2017 KCPE results via SMS;
- On your Safaricom/Airtel phone
- Open the SMS menu and enter your Index number in the text field
- Send your Index number starting with your county code shortcode 22252.
- Wait for an SMS from KNEC with your full results
- The results include performance per subject.
If your results are forthcoming, try to send your index number starting with your county code to short code 22252 as shown below
How to Verify Your KCPE Results
After you have received your KCPE results using the SMS method, it is important to counter check and verify the authenticity of the results just to be sure that the results are indeed yours. This can only be done online where you can access and download your KCPE results Slip.
Things to check for include;
- Your name – Check to ensure that they are spelled correctly and in the order, you provided during KCPE registration
- The name of your school
- The subject grades/marks and
- Your school code
How to Check 2017 KCPE Results Online
The main advantage of checking KCPE results online is that candidates gate to check how their school performed and can compare results with different schools.
To check your 2017 KCPE results online
- Visit https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/ on your PC/Mobile phone web browser or just click here to access it directly
- Click on the “2017 On-Line Result slip” tab
- Enter your school code as username and Index Number as a password to log in
- You can now choose to view, download or print your results slip.
That is it on how to view your 2017 KCPE exam results using SMS and online, kindly share this post with your friends on Facebook to enable them also to view and download their results slips online. You can also read more about the KNEC portal by clicking on this link