This is how to pay for parking in Nairobi using the new parking system that was recently launched by the county government of Nairobi.
With the new system in place, you can now pay for parking, check your parking status, update your daily parking fees and even start paying for seasonal parking.
You can now pay for parking in Nairobi online or via USSD using your phone. Let’s check out the methods below.
How to pay for parking in Nairobi
- On your smartphone, open your favourite browser and access the Nairobi ePayments portal.
- If you’re new to the site, go ahead and create an account otherwise proceed and log in.
- Click on the type of service you wish to pay for. As for our case, we chose parking fees.
- Select the type of parking (Either Daily parking or Seasonal parking) from the options listed.
- Select the parking Zone from the drop list below depending on your current location.
- Choose the type of vehicle from the list below.
- Next, enter your vehicle registration number as well as your phone number in the fields provided.
- Last but not least, click on the “Proceed Button” to complete your transaction.
- A payment popup will appear on your phone containing the amount you need to pay.
- Input your M-Pesa pin and click OK.
- An MPESA confirmation SMS will be sent to you.
Note: You don’t need to have an account for Daily parking.
How to pay for parking in Nairobi via USSD code
- Dial *235#
- Select option 1 – Daily Parking otherwise select option 2 for seasonal parking.
- Input your vehicle registration number and choose your parking zone from the list provided.
- Select vehicle type ( private car, motorbike, Nissan, Taxi, Tuktuk, etc.etra)
- Check and confirm the parking fees, paybill, and account number, and then proceed to pay using mpesa enter pin Mpesa charges apply.
- You will then receive a message shortly confirming your payment.