Have you ever bought anything online? If this is your first time shopping for something online then, this post is for you. In this post, I will show you how to shop for smartphones online and what you need to look for before you make the big purchase.
Keep on reading the post below to find out how you can avoid the confusion of what you ordered versus what is delivered. You can also read about Jumia mobile week which is coming soon.
How to Shop for Smartphones Online.
When shopping online, one is usually tempted to buy something that didn’t expect because of the extremely low prices versus the common prices on physical shops. Before we go any further, allow me to show you how to do it safely.
So, here a list of written rules to follow when shopping for smartphones online. See also: How to Shop on Amazon in Kenya Using Mpesa or Airtel & Ship to Kenya.
Tips to Shop Online
- Always know what you’re looking for. Try as much as you can to avoid distractions. With distractions, I mean flash sales or other goods on offer.
- Find items you like using the search option – This saves you a lot of time on the internet.
- Create an account before you begin shopping.
- If you love bargaining, check and compare the price of the product on different sites.
- When it comes to payment always use Lipa na Mpesa, If you’re shopping on an international site, check to see if there is an option for mpesa. Nowadays there is Mpesa Global which is used internationally.
- Never link your credit card with any site online.
- Readout reviews about the particular store you are about to buy from to find out if its legit and trustworthy.
Several smartphones are usually on offer when you shop online. So, how do you get to choose the one you like. Here is how. Before you start shopping first check out the phone categories.
Shopping online is just like shopping in a supermarket where different wares are displayed in specific aisles. This is particularly good for you because it enables you to filter through all the clutter fast and easy.
Mobile phones are categorized according to;
- New arrivals
- Featured phones – For those who love trending phones
- Their memory sizes
- Price range -Low to high and vice versa
- Storage capacity
- Megapixel in terms of cameras for those who love to take selfies.
- Seller score
- Screen display size.
To sum up, always read and understand the products return policy together with the terms and conditions of the shopping site just to be on the safe side.