Insurance Companies in Kenya range from simple medical covers to complex enterprises. We’ll only focus on insurance schemes that provide cover to individuals in their place of work or home.
Well, for most individuals, when they here about the insurance, they always think of motor vehicle or property insurance.
If you are a student looking for an internship or a construction worker whose job is risky, then, this post is for you. Most of the insurance companies we know only provide cover for tangible commodities.
Personal Insurance Companies in Kenya
In the meantime, let’s dig in with the first one our list is:
APA insurance provides three major covers:
- General Insurance which provides Motor Comprehensive, Agriculture, Domestic Package, APA Marine insurance and Personal Accident above all.
- Health Insurance which includes: Health Corporate, Femina (This one covers women Health need), Jamii Plus & Afya Nafuu.
- Life Insurance:- Here is where you find various policies that suit your needs as a student or an employee. They include;
- HosiCare and last but not least
- Group Pension
You can find out more about these policies on their official website.
Related: Travel Insurance in Kenya.
AAR is the only insurance company in Kenya that focuses on medical plans among other services like medical evacuations of accident casualties both by road and by air.
Click on this link to view the full list of AAR outpatient hospitals and contact information in every county. Here is a list of AAR insurance products.
- School insurance cover
- Homeowners insurance
- Travel insurance cover
- Business enterprise medical plan
- Personal insurance cover
- Individual and Family medical plans
- Work insurance benefit covers
- Doctors indemnity cover and many more
Next on our list is resolution insurance which primarily focuses on individual and family covers beside corporates and businesses insurance.
Apart from providing cooperate and general insurance, Britam also got life insurance policies which provide cover across health, education, savings, and critical illness, among others. Check out their page for more info.
I almost forgot about this one. Pioneer is the oldest assurance company in Kenya which was established in 1930 as the first company in Kenya to ensure Kenyans.
Read Also: 10+ Medical insurance companies in Kenya.
Other insurance companies include:
CIC Insurance which has a Jilinde personal accident Policy for as little as KSH 300.
Well, that is it for today. We will keep updating this post until we have exhausted the list of insurance companies that target individual welfare. Kindly share and live your comments below