Today, I am going to list the best dating sites in Kenya. All dating sites have become a common thing. Well, since the advent of mobile apps, dating online has grown to a whole new level. I agree that Love is all around us, but not for the shy ones.
That is where a dating app comes into play. So, in this post, we’re going to list some of the top places to find a date free, no subscription or VIP fees. Let’s do this.
The Best Dating sites in Kenya
Here is the ultimate list of best dating sites in Kenya in 2020:
1. Tagged.com – Casual dating site
This is one of the oldest casual dating site/apps in Kenya. It has old member profiles dating back up to 2010. The site is free to join. However, the site has the following pros and cons.
- Membership is free – Easy signup.
- Has a live feed/wall just like Facebook.
- Supports GPS location meaning you can find/browse your matches based on location.
- Easy to use as you only need to swipe Right or Left to like your match.
- Next, tagged.com has a Live session.
- Plenty of enticing hookups for those looking for FWB’s and MWK’s.
- Although sending messages is free, there is a privacy feature where you can choose the people you want to receive DM’s from.
- Plenty of fake profiles – what you see may sometimes be not what you get 😉
- Plenty of ads.
Next to tagged, comes Badoo.com. Though sharing similar features, this site is the complete opposite of Tagged. Here, members have to like each other fast to slide to each other’s DM’s. There is also a maximum number of swipes one has to make in a day.
The best feature of Badoo is the “Favorite” menu option. Well, if you like your potential match but can’t DM him/her, you can mark him/her as a favourite to alert them that you are interested.
See also Top 10 online shops in Kenya.
The only downside to this app is that, once you linked it to your Facebook account, you’ll start seeing friends of friends as possible matches on the encounters homepage.
Tinder is a mobile dating app that is available both on Google and Apple store. If you’re looking to date sly queens and guys, you can control like a remote. Well, why don’t you try Tinder.com? (My opinions though 🙂 )
Tinder also provide casual dates though recent studies reveal that it is overrun by men, thus making it harder to find women.
How to get Unbanned from Tinder
To get unbanned from Tinder is quite a cumbersome process. But if you are using the Tinder app, here is how to get unbanned if you’ve been banned.
First, you’ll have to start on a clean slate. Here is how
- Uninstall Tinder app from your phone
- Do a complete backup online or to an SD card of everything including apps in your phone including text messages.
- Hard reset or Format your phone back to its factory settings.
- Restore your data and everything that you had earlier backed up.
- Download and install Tinder.
- Sign up using a completely different phone number, email address or Facebook account.
Facebook has a dating app listed as a feature known as Facebook Dating within the main Facebook app. To use this feature, head over to the Options/Settings tab of your app, scroll down and click on the “See More” menu option and then choose the Facebook Dating menu to launch it.
This app provides matches based on things in common thus if you’re looking for something more severe and deep, then, I highly recommend this app for you.
Moreso, dating on Facebook is quite impressive, imagine, you see someone you like in someone’s else post, you a friend request your match and the last thing they know, you are already in their DM’s liking and commenting on each job they share.
A fellow has got to do this until he/she gets noticed. Dating on Facebook requires you to have lots of patience because you know your target.
5. Tantan dating app
Tantan is the new dating app town and has gained massive popularity among Kenyans, especially the Somali community in Eastleigh. This site is only accessible via the app.
With Tantan dating app, you get to browse profiles based on distance, gender and location preference set by you.
The app has few fake profiles because of a recently introduced verification feature that matches your eyes to the photos you upload.
The only thing that you need to do on the app is to swipe left and right to find your match. And then, to patiently wait for the person you’ve like to start a convo.
There are three good things about this app that makes it accessible. One is that you get to chat with the person you matched with. Two, there is a vast “Unmatch and report anonymously” button. Equally important is that there are no messages from random individuals. You have to like each other first to start communication.
Now that the app is new and it’s popularity growing day by day, why don’t you give it a try?
I have never understood this website how it works because I’ve never received a single match on it whatsoever. So, I am going to pass on this. If you’re reading this and have experience with the website, please let us know in the comment section below.
The only thing I know about this site is that it’s free to join, but you have to pay to access all its features.
Instagram dating is next to Facebook, but somewhat tricky. Apart from double tapping on every post of your crash. Here, your profile has to stand out. However, I wouldn’t recommend using Instagram as a dating site because of a lot of filters that the app has. Sometimes what you see is not what you get.
Periscope is not a dating site but is useful for live streaming of videos just like Instagram. The reason it’s on our list is due to its popularity as people keeping on sliding into each other’s DM’s.
Also read: How to access free internet in Kenya.
Dating sites in Kenya: Do’s and Don’ts.
- Don’t pay – Try as much as you can to avoid dating sites which ask you to pay a certain amount of money to access/unlock a particular feature.
- Limit your information. Only provide the necessary info on your profile no need to go into nitty-gritty details, it makes you look desperate or annoying.
- Don’t share your private info such as your phone number or email; there are plenty of scammers online.
- Upload the best genuine pictures of you, free of filters and photo effects.
To sum up. Those are some of the best dating apps in Kenya. Feel free to add yours in the comments section below. We’ll gladly add it to our list above. Good luck with your next date!