Dating sites in Kenya have become a common thing. Well, since the advent of mobile apps, dating online has grown to a whole new level. I agree that Love is all around us, but not for the shy ones.
That is where a dating site or an app comes into play. So, in this post, we’re going to list some of the top sites to find a date absolutely free, no subscription or VIP fees. Let’s do this.
The Best Dating sites in Kenya
Tagged.com – Casual dating site
This is one of the oldest casual dating site/apps in Kenya. It has old member profiles dating back up to 2010. The site is free to join. However, the site has the following pros and cons.
- Membership is free – Easy signup.
- Has a live feed/wall just like Facebook.
- Supports GPS location meaning you can find/browse your matches based on location.
- Easy to use as you only need to swipe Right or Left to like your match.
- Next, tagged.com has a Live session.
- Plenty of enticing hookups for those looking for FWB’s and MWK’s.
- Although sending messages is free, there is a privacy feature where you can choose the people you want to receive DM’s from.
- Plenty of fake profiles – what you see may sometimes be not what you get 😉
- Plenty of ads.
Next to tagged, comes Badoo.com. Though sharing similar features, this site is the complete opposite of Tagged. Here, members have to like each other fast in order to slide to each other’s DM’s. There is also a maximum number of swipes one has to make in a day.
The best feature of Badoo is the “Favorite” menu option. Well, if you like your potential match but can’t DM him/her you can mark him/her as a favorite to alert them that you are interested.
See also Top 10 online shops in Kenya.
The only downside to this app is that, once you linked it to your Facebook account, you’ll start seeing friends of friends as possible matches on the encounters homepage.
Tinder is a mobile dating app that is available both on Google and Apple store. If you’re looking to date sly queens and guys you can control like a remote. Well, why don’t you try Tinder.com?(My opinions though 🙂 )
Tinder also provide casual dates though recent studies reveal that it is overrun by men thus making it harder to find women.
Facebook has a dating app listed as a feature known as Facebook Dating within the main Facebook app. To use this feature, simply head over to the Options/Settings tab off your app, scroll down and click on the “See More” menu option and then choose the Facebook Dating menu to launch it.
This app provides matches based on things in common thus if you’re looking for something more serious and deep, then, I highly recommend this app for you.
Moreso, dating on Facebook is kinda interesting, imagine, you see someone you like in someone’s else post, you friend request your match and the last thing they know, you are already in their DM’s liking and commenting on each and every post they share.
A fella gotta do this until he/she gets noticed. Dating on Facebook actually requires you to have lots of patience coz you know your target.
Tantan dating app
Tantan is the new dating app town and has gained massive popularity among Kenyans. The site is only accessible via the app.
With Tantan dating app, you get to browse profiles based on distance, gender and location preference set by you.
The only good thing about this app and which makes it popular is that you get to chat with the person you matched with.
No messages from random individuals. Now that the app is new and it’s popularity growing day by day, why don’t you give it a try?
To be honest, I have never understood this website how it works coz I’ve never received a single match on it whatsoever. So, am gonna pass on this, If you’re reading this and have experience with the website, please let us know in the comment section below.
The only thing I know about this site is that its free to join but you have to pay to access all its features.
Instagram dating is next to Facebook but kinda tricky. Apart from double tapping on each and every post of your crash. Here, you profile has to really stand out.
Periscope is not actually a dating site but is good for live streaming of videos just like Instagram. The reason it’s on our list is due to its popularity as people keeping on sliding into each others dm’s.
Also read: How to access free internet in Kenya.
Dating sites in Kenya: Do’s and Don’ts.
- Don’t pay – Try as much as you can to avoid dating sites which ask you to pay a certain amount of money to access/unlock a particular feature.
- Limit your information. Only provide the basic info on your profile no need to go into nitty-gritty details, it makes you look desperate or boring.
- Don’t share your private info such as your phone number or email, there are plenty of scammers online.
- Upload the best genuine pictures of you, free of filters and photo effects.
To sum up. those are some of the best dating apps in Kenya. Feel free to add yours in the comments section below. We’ll gladly add it to our list above. Good luck with your next date!