If you are looking for a job in the upcoming 2019 Census? Well, read on as we list the available 2019 Census Jobs.
The Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) 2019 census jobs are officially open. KNBS through the Ministry of State for Planning, National Development, and Vision 2030 is embarking on the 2019 census to determine the national population under the Statistics Act of 2006.
The Kenyan Census is one of the most intensive state jobs that requires a lot of human resources to do the counting. Here is how to apply for the 2019 census jobs.
List of Kenya census 2019 jobs
KNBS is looking for qualified individuals to fill the following temporary vital positions.
- Content supervisors
- ICT Supervisors.
Here is how to apply for the above positions.
1. 2019 Census ICT supervisors
No of Posts: 2,700 (To be distributed in all counties)
Terms of Employment: Fixed term contract for 30 days.
Gross Remuneration: Ksh3, 000 per day- Total Kshs.90, 000 (Taxable)
Reporting to the County Statistics Officer (CSO), the job holder will be responsible for undertaking census activities before, during and after the enumeration exercise
Key Responsibilities include;
- Training Content Supervisors and ensuring that Enumerators are adequately trained.
- Working with the Content Supervisors to ensure that the census enumeration starts at the agreed time in the assigned supervision areas.
- Carrying extra census equipmenVmateria s to be given to the Content Supervisors in case of emergencies.
- Providing technical support on ICT issues to Content Supervisors and Enumerators in their area of supervision.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CSO
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan Cit ten, eighteen (18) years and above;
- Must be a resident of the Subcounty where they will be assigned to work.
- Must have at least a Diploma certificate in Information Communication Technology or any other relevant qualification related to Information Technology from a recognised Institution.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have good leadership skills
- Must be available for an uninterruptible p4’riod of at least twenty three (23) days from 12th August to 2nd September 2019.
2. 2019 Census Content Supervisors
No. of Posts: 27,000 (To be distributed in all counties)
Terms of Employment: Fixed Term contract for 23 days.
Gross Remuneration: Ksh.2,500 per day- Total Kshs.57,500 (Taxable)
Reporting to the County Statistics Officer (CSO), the job holder will be responsible for the census activities before, during and after enumeration exercise.
- Training all the enumerators under their supervision.
- Ensuring that all materials and equipment required (mobile devices and accessories) for training for the Enumerators and enumeration areas under their supervision area are in place.
- Assigning enumeration areas to the Enumerators under their supervision.
- Liaising with the Village Elder, Assistant Chief or Chief to identify all the special population groups, i.e. in institutions, hotels/lodges, travellers, out-door sleepers, among others in the supervision area.
- Undertaking census enumeration in the resampled households.
- Keeping a register of Enumerators who are assigned to work under them.
- Ensuring that everybody in the supervision area has been enumerated.
- Submitting all the equipment/questionnaires to the CSO.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CSO
Application requirements Content supervisors
- Must be a Kenyan Cit zen, eighteen (18) years and above.
- Must be residents of the location where they will be assigned to work in.
- Be conversant with the local language/dialect n the area they will be working.
- Must have at least a Diploma Certificate in any field.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work in teams.
- Must have leadership skills
- Must be available for an uninterruptible period of at least twenty-three (23) days from 12th August to 2nd September 2019.
3. Kenya Census Enumerators
No. of Posts: 135, 000
Terms of Employment: – Fixed term contract for 16 days.
Gross Remuneration: Ksh.1, 500 per day- Total Kshs.23, 000 (Taxable)
Reporting to the Content Supervisor, the Enumerator will be responsible for enumeration during the Census.
- Identifying boundaries for the Enumeration Areas (EAs), locating all structures and visiting every household to list all the usual members in the EA assigned to them before the enumeration exercise.
- Ensuring that all the necessary equipment/materials to be used for enumeration are available to them before the exercise commences.
- Administering all questions and recording responses on all persons who will have spent the night of 24th/25th August 2019 in each of the households in the assigned Enumeration Area.
- Obtaining complete and accurate answers and capturing them correctly during the enumeration exercise.
- Forwarding all equipment and questionnaires (used and unused), maps, notebooks, and any other materials as directed to the Con tent Supervisor after the enumeration exercise.
- Undertaking any other duties as may be assigned by the CSO.
Application requirements for Enumerators
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen, eighteen (18) years and above.
- Must be a resident of the enumeration area or neighbouring enumeration area they will be assigned to work in.
- Be conversant with the local language/dialect.
- Must be Computer literate or be able to use smartphones.
- Must have at least form four (4) level of education with a minimum of KCSE grade of C (plain) or its equivalent qualification;
- Must be available for at least uninterruptible period of sixteen (16) days from 15th to 31st August 2019.
- All applicants are required to write a cover letter addressed to relevant “County Statistics Officer” indicating the position being applied for (stating the reference number) and details of ID Number, Academic qualification, County, Sub-County, Division, Location, Sub-Location, and Village/Estate of residence.
- Attach copies of National Identity card, Academic certificates, and other relevant certificates. Each of the applicants must have either an active.
- Bank Account or a Telephone Number registered in his/her name through which payment will be made at the end of the exercise. (Taxation under prevailing tax regulations shall apply in every amount).
- For all cadres of personnel, applications should be submitted by 24th June 2019 in the following offices.
How to apply for census 2019
- ICT Supervisors: To be submitted to the respective County Statistics Offices;
- Content Supervisors: To be sent to the Chiefs’ office;
- Enumerators: To be submitted to the Assistant Chiefs’ office.
All applicants upon submission of applications should register their details on the Applicant’s Summary Form and the Register and are advised to take note of the serial number for any future reference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews for all the positions will be conducted from 5th to 14th July 2019.
NOTE: There is no online submission of the applications, and no payments should be made when applying for any of the census positions.