Maseno University is among the pioneer Universities in Kenya. The University was founded in the early 1990s. The most exciting fact about this University is that its the only University that lies on the Equator (00). Therefore, today we will discuss the Maseno University Student Portal in details.
At the moment, Maseno University has four Campuses, one constituent college, and one college. Its main campus is located at Maseno, township along Busia- Kisumu road. Here are the four main Maseno University campuses:
- Maseno Main Campus – This is where all the administrative functions of the University are located.
- eCampus – The campus caters for the needs of those students that are located far away from its schools.
- Homabay Campus – Located as Sonyako Plaza
- Kisumu City Campus college – it is located at Kisumu
- Bondo University College – which is a constituent college of Maseno University
How to join Maseno University Student Portal
Here’s how to join Maseno University student portal
- The first step is to go to the Maseno university students portal
- If you are already a student, input your student ID, it should look like BA / 00001 / 020
- However, For the first-year students, please use your KCSE index number for the first time
- You will also be required to input a password. A first time user will be required to use your ID number.
- Then log in
- After logging in, you can go ahead and change your password to something that you can easily remember
What Services can one access from the Maseno University student portal?
- Fees payment receipts
- For the first years, they can also access their admission status
- View transcripts
- Send a deferment notice
- Course registration for each new semester
- Academic calendar
More to this, Maseno University offers both postgraduate, graduate studies and, undergraduate education. Here are the various schools and faculties that the University has:
- School of Planning and architecture
- School of Arts and Social Science
- Institute of Gender studies
- School of Education
- Environment and earth science
- Mathematics and actuarial science
- Business and economics
- Development and strategic studies
- Public health and community development
- Agriculture and Food security
- School of Computing and Informatics
How to Apply to Maseno University
It’s worth to note that, there are some three significant ways of making an application to Maseno University
- Take, for instance, and One could download the application form from the University website
- The application forms can also be obtained from the office of the registrar, office of the coordinator, Kisumu city campus office or the office of the principal.
- The other method is to apply online.
How to make an application to Maseno University using the Maseno University Online Application System (MUOAS).
- Visit the Maseno University online application system
- A login page reappears
- For a new user, click on this page to register. The following details will be required for this registration that is your surname, Date of Birth, a passport photo, valid email address as country of residence.
To make an application, one is required to make a non-refundable fee of Ksh. 2,000, for it to be accepted. The banks to pay this amount are Equity Bank and Kenya Commercial Bank.
Maseno University is among the top best universities in Kenya. Apart from this, the school has over 21,000 students with this number expected to increase with the launch of eLearning campus. Moreover, the school has one of the largest libraries in Kenya if you are a book worm. The library has a seating capacity of 350 people at a time.