A TIMS is indeed a logistics network that uses technologies to support companies planning, implementing and optimizing the physical flow of input and output products and to ensure the shipping is compatible. This method also belongs to a broader supply chain administration system.
A TIMS offers insight into everyday transport activity, trade regulatory records and paperwork, and ensures the timely supply of cargo and merchandise, called transportation management solution or transport management applications. Transport administration systems also simplify the shipping method and simplify the management as well as the optimization of transportation, whether it be by ground, sea or air, by companies. In this article, we will learn about TIMS (Kenya) and know about the registration process to enrol in TIMS.
Importance of TIMS
In supply chains, transport networks play a key role in all processes, from strategy and sourcing to logistics, as well as the control of life cycles. An effective mechanism allows for greater visibility and efficiencies in transport planning and implementation, resulting in increased satisfaction for customers. In turn, that contributes to higher sales and helps companies to grow. It’s critical to have a system with that kind of a diverse, global trading world in which we live & operate that enables you to negotiate complex trade policies & enforcement processes effectively.
TIMS is Used By
Transport networks are mainly used by companies who need to transport, ship, and regularly accept goods, such as:
- Retail businesses
- Ecommerce companies
- Logistics firms like third-party & 4-party logistics and companies and service suppliers.
In almost every sector, from manufacturing to living sciences, companies have used a transport administration system. The key customers are enterprises that pay 100 USD million or so on the cargo per year; however, because of the cloud-based solutions, TMS has made the advantages of integrating a transport management system in their chain of supply more manageable for smaller enterprises.
Companies should purchase a standalone transport administration system that can incorporate applications and SCM solutions from their own internal infrastructure or on-site corporate resources planning. Some TMS applications provide commercial documentation capability; else, you can add a global GTM module to your TMS. Others are accessible as modules inside SCM and ERP suites, which are usually less feature-rich TMSs.
Timely Transportation of Goods
A TIMS could help any company schedule the flow of products, implement and maximize it physically.
A Multi-Level Carrier Solutions allows the company to choose the optimum modus shipping and the right vehicle based on expense, performance and scope. In conjunction with the global trading management feature, a good TIMS will provide insight at any point of the chain of supply and even warn you about demand and duties as well as possible delays because of the customs & additional trade rules.
It characteristically varies greatly; however, it can include loads matching and communication with carriers, documentation and monitoring and support for freight charging and settlement. Any specialized TIMS systems also provide tracking and tracking software, allowing carriers, sellers, warehouses and consumers to share real-time information. These specialized systems can also manage complicated international logistics and also have adequate export and import paperwork to ensure that goods are traded in accordance with their requirements.
The capacity to optimize TIMS normally consists of measuring and monitoring performance by means of surveys, metrics, dashboards, and transport intelligence.
Advantages of TIMS
A TIMS—and new control of transportation in general—gives companies many advantages. Some other advantages are:
- Reduced company and end-user prices
- Simplify supply chain operations in all geographies, forms and operators
- Faster & more precise accounting and reporting automation of corporate processes
- Visibility and safety improvements, especially during transit
- time savings – Less delays and quicker turnaround times result in more scattered manual measures
- The opportunity to trace freight on even the single platform both locally and globally
- Importation and export conformity reduces fines and delays in shipping
- New perspectives into the industry as more reliable reporting relates to quicker intervention and improved procedures
- Customer infrastructure improvements and customer loyalty with alerts in real-time and lower transit waits
- The opportunity for rapid, on-time consignments to reach and surpass consumer demands
Cloud and TIMS
Cloud-based transport management has a wide range of market advantages, including increased size savings, reduced overall ownership costs, no upgrades and quicker ROI.
For IT, the TIMS based on clouds offers additional advantages, such as quicker implementation, less preparation and upgrade time required, automatically updating the new functionality, and better protection.
In addition to on-time deliveries, customer demands keep increasing, with real-time alerts delivered over the whole delivery period, for two days and even the same day. Continuous foreign trade laws often compel chains of supply to innovate, mostly through investments in the transport system.
Integrated transport management systems should be more comprehensive and rich in features, providing users with quick answers and enterprises with more details. Machine learning makes TIMSs smarter, provides stronger advice and forecasts.
Companies should combine their logistics and global business management processes with new technologies to increase visibility and provide improved support to their customers. Any of these already available groundbreaking innovations include:
Fleet Monitoring of IoT
In-transit awareness of driving environments, routes and properties is typical in the internet of things (IoT) systems and sensors. Companies could minimize maintenance and fuel costs and reduce delays plus increase the safety of the driver.
Digital helpers are also referred to as chatbots, which give instant conversational answers to details on shipments that result in greater customer loyalty.
Machine Learning and Adaptive Intelligence
Transport management systems will more precisely predict transition times, schedule capability, classify risk shipments, and so much more by applying machine learning to historical data and patterns. Improved artificial intelligence would also facilitate your TIMS in the course of high-speed traffic to provide much more precise and informed advice, including alternative routes.
They are being used to create complicated integration between shippers, carriers and consumers. Applications like smart tracking and tracking make the supply chain transparent and traceable but maintain reliable and safe data.
Cold Chain Administration
Another blockchain approach is to control the cold chain where varying temperatures also have to be controlled at multiple checkpoints in the chain of supply. For example, components and goods vulnerable to perishability or temperature must be maintained in a truck at cool temp, though at a slightly raised standard temperature. In the control of the cold chain, the temperature could be tracked through the chain of supply, as well as the company and regulators throughout the origin country can obtain real-time statistics.
About NTSA and TIMS (Kenya)
The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) has transferred all of its services to just the integrated transportation management system in recent months (TIMS)
It is a self-help platform for every Kenyan who has internet connections and has connected to any of the NTSA services.
The first move is to start a TIMS account with your serial identification number, mother maid and kra pin.
It also requires a working telephone number. You could even access the following services after opening an account.
Online Car Searching
This shows the:
- Engine number
- Chassis number
- Bobby type
- Date of registration
- Number of the previous owner
- Duty status
- Tax class
- Loading capacity
- Name of the registered owners
- Phone number
- Postal address
Booking for Inspection
Three inspection forms are available
Inspection of New car
It’s for new imports and cars and trucks manufactured locally.
Both passenger vehicles, including vans, matatus, taxis and main motors, need to be inspected once annually.
Change of Details
You are subjected to this form of inspection to show the changes throughout the logbook as you modify the engine, tax class, colour or fuel type.
Registration of New Vehicle
All new imports or vehicles manufactured locally are recorded by the timing. You’ll be presented with such a logbook and number plate after the effective registration.
Motor Vehicle Transfer
The time required for filling in the C form and adding copies of both the buyer & seller’s imprint and kra pin. You only build a new application and fill in your buyer’s information and pay via MPESA or some other payment channel.
This extends to two-person vehicles.
This role would serve as the green light for transferring after the application of its transfer of its motor vehicle jointly held by the other party.
The buyer will approve the seller and say where the logbook will be picked just after the seller starts the transfer process.
Detail Change Application
You apply for modifications after you modify some information about your car and have completed the inspection. If it succeeds, a new logbook with modifications will be released.
Duplicate Logbook Application
Whenever the original is destroyed or destroyed, a new logbook is published. The only modifications to serial numbers seem to be identical to the original logbook.
Reflective Vehicle Number Plate Application
Numbers get misplaced occasionally, and you’ll have to substitute for it.
Just apply, pay and say where the plate should be selected.
In Charge Confirmation
An official is established whether a bank institution or microfinance facility is being used. After charging the car, the owner confirms that in order to produce a new logbook with information about micro-financing or banks, the owner.
You are using this tab to register for registration whenever you purchase a Vehicle from either Police Auction, Army, or Kra Auction.
Process to Open Online TIMS Account
The Integrated Transport Management System, such as the NTSA, lists the required facilities for car owners and road users. It also has an online portal, like NTSA, which helps anyone to access it at any given time and place. Thanks to this, you don’t have to think about travelling far for hours. When you have a TIMS account, the convenience of your home allows you to use all of these facilities.
TIMS/NTSA Services Offered
The following programs are available with a TIMS account
- Car inspection booking
- NTSA PSV license application and renewal
- Duplicate logbook application
- Application for a reflective number plate
- Vehicle registration
- Motor vehicle booking
- Conducting an online car search
- The Kenya driving book
- Drivers’ training curriculum and guidelines
- Confirmation of vehicle ownership transfer
You would need the following to succeed in creating a TIMS account.
- Computer or internet smartphone
- Original identification card
- Pin of KRA
- Number of telephone and phone
- Please be aware that it is free to open a TIMS account. You pay only for the facilities but not your account if you decide to complete this phase in a cyber.
Steps to Follow for Registering TIMS Account
- Go to your tab and enter NTSA on the check box.
- The NTSA/TIMS website will have you. Take this time to get to know the website.
- In the centre of the page, you can see a list of icons and choices to select what account you would like to register.
- Choose ‘Person’ and continue if you’d like a private account.
- Select and continue with the “citizen” option.
- Go now to the ID Serial box and enter your ID card serial number cautiously at the top-left corner. Please ensure that the serial code is entered and not the identification number.
- When you know that you’ve keyed the right number, press ‘check.’
- On the next tab, you will need to fill in certain details, including the KRA pin, maiden name and telephone number of your mother. After all these things have been completed, press the button’ sending permission code’ and wait until your phone receives a text message.
- Enter the password even as the message shows and check.
- On the last page, you can see a separate type with various fields, like your residence county and email address. Complete each carefully to finish the registration at last. Click Then.
- The TIMS password will be sent to you through text you would use for logging in to your account.
- Return to your homepage and choose the login function.
- Type the code previously submitted by TIMS and click ‘get file.’
- In the given box, insert this code and press “sign in.”
- Once your account is opened correctly, go over to the top right of your screen and click on it.
- There will be a drop-down menu. Select the ‘Password Update’ alternative.
- Please enter and re-enter a password for verification.
- When effective, all accessible TIMS services could now be operated and accessed.
So this was all in the Guide of TIMS (Kenya). So get yourself registered and enjoy the benefits.