Invitations for the application of the 2020 -2021 first time undergraduate HELB loan application from students admitted into the Government-sponsored or self-sponsored programs in Public and Private Universities are now open.
HELB allocates a maximum of KSh 60,000 and a minimum of Ksh 35,000 to each Univesity student depending on several factors.
Documents Required for First-time Undergraduate HELB loan
- A national ID card (second generation)
- Bank Account
- KRA PIN. Click here to learn and apply for KRA PIN online
- Parents Details – A Photocopy of their National ID Card
- An Email Address and lastly,
- National ID photocopies of three employed guarantors.
How to apply for the first-time undergraduate loan
- Visit HELB web Portal to register an account. (Click here for a step by step account registration procedure on the HELB portal)
- Read and completely fill the HELB Financial Literacy Literature.
- Log into your account and click on the First Time Undergraduate Loan Application Link
- Select and duly fill in the 2020-2021 First Time Undergraduate Loan Application Form (LAF).
- Print two copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form under the print section.
- Take the form to the relevant authorities and guarantors for filling, stamping, and signing
- Sign your duly filled form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist on the last page of the Loan Application Form(LAF).
- Retain one copy of the duly filled LAF for reference – Mandatory!
- Present a single copy of the duly completed Loan Application Form and all the attached supporting documents too.
HELB Application Deadline
The closing date for the loan application is on 8th September 2019. HELB maintains that the Loan Application process is free and applicants are advised not to pay anyone for assistance to process their HELB Loan.
- HELB Head Office.
- The HELB Student Centre on Mezzanine Floor, Anniversary Towers, University Way in Nairobi.
- One of the listed banks listed on the HELB website that you have opened an account with for free and secure delivery to HELB Head Office.
- The following HUDUMA Centers: Nairobi, Kakamega, Eldoret, Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Embu, Machakos, Kisii, Bungoma, Turkana, Meru, Kitui, Kericho, Nandi – Kapsabet, Thika, Garissa and Kitale.
Keep on checking our site for the latest news on the HELB loan.