The Kenya Institute of Special Education (KISE) which is a semi autonomous government agency of the Ministry of Education in Kenya, was established on 14th February 1986 through a Legal Notice No. 17.
The School is headed by Director who is the Secretary of the Council appointed by the Cabinet Secretary for Education to run the Institution.
The Kenya Institute of Special Education wish to invite applications for the admission of Diploma in Sign Language Interpretation and Diploma in Special Needs Education through their distance learning program.
Kenya Institute of Special Education – Admission Requirements
Diploma in Sign Language Interpretation
The hearing applicant should be in possession of,
- A mean grade of C Plain in KCSE or its equivalent with a C plain in both English and Kiswahili.
- A certificate in Kenya Sign Language proficiency at an intermediate level or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- In lieu of or, where necessary, in addition to a certificate as stipulated in item 2, satisfactory performance in KSL proficiency interview conducted by the Implementing Institution.
The Deaf applicant should be in possession of,
- A mean grade of C Minus in KCSE and a minimum grade of C Minus in English or a pass an English proficiency test administered by the implementing Institution.
- C Plain in Kenyan Sign language at KCSE.
Diploma In Special Needs Education
Applicants should holders of PI certificate by training or P1 by promotion through the Teacher Proficiency Course.
Related: Zetech College Courses and Intake
Application forms may be obtained from the Kenya Institute of Special Education offices at Kasarani in Nairobi or be downloaded from their website
The Duly filled application forms together with copies of academic certificates and other testimonials can either be emailed to email@example.com, dropped at the Kenya Institute of Special Education (KISE) offices in Kasarani or sent to the following postal address
You can also Call 0734-801-860 on Weekdays during normal office working hours for more information
Fees Per Course for Self Sponsored Students
Note: Students undertaking the Vision Support Teacher Course pay an additional Ksh 2000 for Practical Attachment.
In addition to tuition fees, each student will meet expenses for medical needs, stationary, accommodation, and transport to the learning venues. The table below shows the tuition fees for each course.
Note: The fees shown below are subject to revision from time to time.
|Course||Year 1||KNEC Exams||Year 2||KNEC Exams||Total|
|Certificate||Ksh 40,000||N/A||N/A||–||Ksh 40,000|
|Diploma||Ksh 50,000||Ksh 7,700||sh 30,200||Ksh 10,600||Ksh 98,500|