PesaLink is a real-time interbank money transfer service that enables its customers to send and receive funds from one bank to another, Bank to Phone and Viceverser in real time.
Through Pesalink, you can send or receive money into your bank account using a mobile phone number or Bank Account number. Pesalink is a product of Kenya Bankers Association (KBA) through its subsidiary Integrated Payments Service Limited (IPSL).
How does PesaLink work?
To be able to enjoy PesaLink services, one needs to have a PayLink account.
- Visit PesaLink website to register or signup.
- Set Up your Profile or log in to your account if you are a returning user. For New users, set up a new profile to perform a Transfer.
- To send money to any of the channels, that is the Primary account, Phone, Bank Account Card or to Link your phone use one of the menus under PesaLink Menu as shown in the photo below.
- Access your bank using your preferred device/ channel (Bank branch, ATM Machine, Mobile Phone and online through Internet Banking).
- Select the PesaLink option on your bank’s device/ channel menu. and select send to either one of the options provided.
PesaLink Equity Bank
PesaLink is currently available to all Equity Bank customers on Equitel Menu, My Money, Send Money option.
- It is fast – Money reflects in your Bank Account in immediately
- It is used to Pay for goods and services at any outlets with the EazzyPay sign.
- Cash transfers range from Kshs10 to Kshs 999,999.
- Accepts transfer of foreign currencies.
- The service is available 24/7/365
- Allows you to receive money into your account using your phone number.
How to register on Pesalink with your Equitel Simcard
Registering on PesaLink is easy. Simply follow the steps below to register and enjoy the service.
- On your Equitel Sim Menu, select My Money > My Account > PesaLink Registration > Register.
- Select Account to Register and Enter Alias
- Confirm details & accept terms and conditions.
- Enter your secret PIN, submit and wait for a confirmation message.
How to receive money into your Equity Bank Account
Both the sender and receiver should be registered with PesaLink to send/receive money. This makes it easy for the sender to transfer funds to your Equitel Number or Equity Bank Account Number and the money will be deposited straight into your Bank Account.
To transfer money to other banks using a phone number, select my money and follow the system prompts. Select “To Phone” and enter the recipient’s phone number the continue with the system prompt to complete your Transaction.
For interbank transfer, select “Send to Account”, enter Bank Code followed by the account number and continue with the system user prompt. Always wait and save the confirmation message for future reference.
To look up a Bank Code when sending money, follow the below mentioned steps
- Select “My Money” followed by “Send Money”
- Select “Account menu” then “To Others” followed by “PesaLink”.
- Under the Look up code menu, enter the first letter/Keyword for the bank
- View the Bank code or scroll to next page
PesaLink Cooperative Bank
PesaLink service allows you to transfer money into a Co-op Account instantly, from another bank
You can transfer as little as Ksh 10 up to Ksh 200,000 at an extremely low cost of Ksh 0 to 152, depending on the amount you wish to transfer.
You can also make payments directly from your Co-op Bank account to any local bank account instantly from as little as Ksh 10 up to Ksh 200,000
The service can be accessed through the MCo-op Cash app or by dialing *667# USSD code select PESALINK, and link your Co-op bank accounts to your mobile number. Linking your accounts is free of charge.
Once the Co-op Bank accounts have been linked to PesaLink, you will be able to access PesaLink services via Co-op Bank ATMs, Co-op Kwa Jirani Agents, Cooperative bank branches, Co-op Kwa Jirani Agents, and Co-op Bank Mobile Banking (Mco-op Cash)
To link your Co-op Bank Account to PesaLink from a Co-op bank ATM,
- Insert Co-op Bank Visa Card into the ATM machine and input PIN.
- Select ‘Other Transactions’ then ‘PESALINK’.
- Select ‘link phone’ and input the phone number to be linked.
- Check and confirm to make the account the primary account.
- You will receive a confirmation message shortly
- Select the option of doing another transaction. and then select ‘Primary Account Option” on the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Enter the phone number to be linked to the account and confirm that you wish to make that “Account the Primary Account” by clicking Ok button.
- You will receive a confirmation message on the screen that the linking was successful
How to link your Co-op Bank Account to PesaLink Via MCo-op Cash
- Use the MCo-op Cash app or dial *667# USSD to access MCo-op Cash
- Select ‘PesaLink’ Menu > ‘Link your phone’ and then select the account number to be linked.
- Accept to make the account the primary account.
- You will then receive an SMS confirmation of the linking
PesaLink services are always available to customer 24/7365. You can receive money into your Co-op Bank account at any time of the day. Visit Coopbank website to download terms and condition