TSC Job Vacancies for principals 2017 for National and Extra County Schools
The Teachers Service Commission has announced a vacancy of 15 Posts for Principals in National and Extra County schools. successful applicants will be deployed to fill the various institutions across the Country.
Applications for the above positions is made online through the TSC website on or before 19th may 2017. Click this link for direct application.
Professional and Academic Requirements
- You must be a Kenyan Citizen and an employee of teachers Service Commission
- Must be at Job Group “P” and above, and served as principal in a County or Sub County Secondary School(s) for a period of at least 10 years
- Have a Masters Degree In the relevant area
- Have a proven track record in school performance improvement and learning outcomes
- You must certify the requirement of Chapter six(6) of the Constitution Click here to learn about Chapter 6
- Computer literacy is a must
- A course in management or leadership is an advantage
- Leadership and Integrity
- The responsibility of leaderships
- The financial probity of state officers
- Citizenship and leadership
- Legislation on leadership
- Oaths of office of state officers
- Legislation to establish the ethics and anti-corruption commission
- Conduct of state officers
The following documents are to be attached during the application process.
- KRA Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Loan Clearance Certificate by Higher Education Loans Board.
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau.
- Clearance Application from EACC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a lead educator and administrator In the institution.
- Should be able to Manage and Implement institutional curriculum.
- Should be able to Administer teaching functions In the Institution including the evaluation of curriculum delivery.
- Be responsible for implementation of education policy, professional practice and maintenance of the teaching standards at the institutional level
- Procure goods and services within the public procurement guidelines for Institutional use
- Be the custodian of records of the Institution.
- Be Secretary to the Board of Management (BoM) and ensure execution of the decision of the Board.
- Ensure diligent utilization of Institutional resources.
- Be responsible for the resource mobilizations, project planning, administration and management of human resource.
- Ensure maintenance of high standards of discipline by both staff and students.
- Ensure compliance with the statutory requirements and other relevant laws related to employment
- Be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a safe and conducive environment for learners.
- Be conversant with the relevant provisions In the Constitution and other law and lastly the candidate should be able to know the regulations that relate to Education, training and Teacher Professionalism.