The County Government of Kakamega in conjunction with the Afya Elimu Fund which is a partnership between the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), the USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism and contributors from the private sector invites applications for the 2017-2018 Kakamega County Afya Elimu Fund Loan Program.
The purpose of the Fund is to offer affordable loans to needy students (low family income, orphans and differently abled among others) admitted into their first year and those continuing training at the pre-service and, post-basic levels. This announcement specifically targets needy students who are Residents of Kakamega County admitted in
This advertisement is specifically meant for needy students who are Residents of Kakamega County admitted in middle-level medical training institutions (listed on HELB website) such as Kenya Medical Training College, faith-based organizations and other institutions offering Diploma and Higher Diploma medical courses.
Afya Elimu Fund Eligibility
- Students admitted to accredited middle-level medical training institutions
- Priority will be given to students taking specialized health professional courses
- Must be a resident of Kakamega County
- Previous applicants of the national Afya Elimu Fund from Kakamega County
How to Apply
- First-time applicants should access and appropriately fill the 2017-2018 First Time Kakamega County AEF Loan Application Form [LAF] from the HELB website.
- Read Also HELB Portal Online Loan Application Guide
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled LAF.
- Have the printed form appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and guarantors.
- Sign the form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist appearing on the last page of the LAF.
- Present the two copies of the LAF to the Kakamega County Education Department.
- Leave one copy of the LAF and all the attached supporting documents with the Kakamega County education office.
- Retain one copy of the duly filled LAF
For a pleasant online experience, please ensure that you read, understand and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process.
The closing date for the loan Application is on 29th November 2017