The Ajira Digital Programme can help you determine if online work is for you. This is the Ajira slogan and I love it. This online platformed is used to find training resources, trusted sources of work and links to a community of other online workers in Kenya.
Launched in 2016 under the ministry of information communication and technology, the Ajira Digital platform is a first multi-sectorial initiative by the Kenyan government which aims at introducing youths to the concept of working online.
This platform provides young people with tools, training, and mentorship needed to make a living in the online environment.
All learning resources Ajira Digital platform are made up of video tutorials which teach new skills required in online work. These tutorials are good for the newbies and experienced online workers.
The Ajira Digital Programme Enroll for Training Now
When is the training?
The training is a one-week long boot camp carried out in the month of June 2017 with sessions starting at 8:00 am to 05:00 pm for 5 days.
- 5th June to 9th June
- 12th June to 16th June
- 19th June to 23rd June
- 26th June to 30th June
- 3rd July June to 7th July (Only for Kisumu, Nakuru, and Mombasa)
The training is free of charge to all participants inclusive of meals and accommodations. Training will be carried out in the following centers countrywide.
- Meru University College – Meru.
- Kenyatta University – Nairobi Main Campus.
- Kenya Education Management Institute – Nairobi.
- Rift Valley Institute of Science and Technology – Nakuru.
- Tom Mboya Labour College – Kisumu.
- Kenyatta university – Mombasa City campus.
Who can participate in the Training?
You need to be an Ajira digital member to participate in the training. Sign Up at the Ajira platform website to become a member. Training will be offered on a first come first serve basis, book your space today.
How do I book a space?
Follow the steps below to book your space
- Click on ‘Enroll NOW for Training’
- Login to your Ajira Account(if you do not have an account, you will be required to create an account)
- Once you are logged into the site, you will be required to complete your profile information to 100% in order to book a session.
- Once your profile is complete, you will now be able to book a training session
- Select the County and Training Center that is nearest to you
- Click on Continue
- Select the CLASS that you would like to attend “Check the Start and End dates” we have multiple classes in the same week, you only need to book ONE class
- Click on BOOK
- Once you book, you will receive an email confirming your booking details
- Ensure you PRINT and carry with you a copy of the booking and your ORIGINAL National ID to gain access to the training sessions
- No one will be allowed into the training WITHOUT showing their Original National ID
Advantages of the Ajira Digital Programme
- Increased awareness of online jobs in Kenya
- Free training and mentorship to those who would not otherwise afford
- Provision of tools such as computer which are not accessible to some young people
- Promote Kenya as a destination for online work
If you have been searching for “Ajira Kenya online jobs” or “Ajira digital jobs Kenya” in terms of finding a job, you have been searching for the wrong place. Ajira platform does not offer jobs but provides links to a few existing legitimate sites. Visit Ajira to sign up today.