Do you have Tala app or are you looking to download Tala app? Here are some frequently asked questions regarding Tala loan app.
Tala Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does Tala decide to approve a loan?
Loan decisions are based on lots of information, including income, repayment of the other loans, M-Pesa usage, and additional information.
Tala users provide this information by using the app and filling out a brief survey. Then Tala AI (Artificial intelligence) builds a personal credit profile.
Rejected borrowers are encouraged to keep the app installed & will be contacted to reapply later.
2. What are Tala’s fees and schedules?
Tala does charge a flat service fee for each loan. They provide a 30-day loan with a service fee ranging from 7% and up to 19%. They also offer a 21-day loan with a service fee ranging from 5% up to 14%.
3. How can I reset my PIN?
You can reset your pin by signing into the tala app by clicking “forgot pin.” You may need to enter your National ID number to verify your identity. You will then receive a verification Code on your phone by SMS that you can use to choose a new pin.
4. What do I do if Tala is crashing?
If the app keeps, you may be able to fix it yourself. Head over to Settings > Apps or Application Manager >Tala and click Clear data. If it keeps on crashing again, contact Tala.
5. What does Tala do with the answers borrowers provide in the loan application process?
Tala uses your answers to the loan application questions as one component of determining your credit witness and debt capacity.
6. How much could one qualify for?
The maximum you can qualify for is KES. 30,000
7. Can one use Tala in another language?
Yes! When you log in, tap the menu button at the top right. From there, one can change languages on the next screen.
Tala company provides several channels of communication for feedback; please click to find more on How to contact Tala.
How to update the Tala loan app
Let us hear about your Tala loan app experience in the comment section below. Why don’t you share this post if you like it? 🙂
Tala loan app developers are always working around the clock to improve their loan app so that you can have a comfortable experience. In this post, we’re going to show you how to update the Tala app to the latest version and also discuss the reasons you need to update it.
But why are the updates so important? Let’s find out.
Why do you need the update?
An app update is a result of user feedback experiences. But the primary reason why an app is updated is to fix bugs and add additional features requested by the users.
Also, app updates are usually a way through which the developer speaks to their app users via release notes. You should, therefore, make a habit of reading release notes each time an app requires an update.
You can either update your apps automatically or individually by manually updating the apps you love. Google Playstore is set to automatically update all your apps, whether you’re using Wi-Fi or data bundles.
But what if that is not the case? Well, here are some things you ought to do to force your apps to update.
How to update apps on your device automatically
To automatically update apps on your Android device,
- Turn your Wi-Fi ON or activate your mobile data bundles.
- Tap the Google Play Store app to open it.
- Select the menu icon, followed by the Settings tab.
- Select Auto-update apps.
- Next, select an option:(whether to update your apps over any network by either Wi-Fi or mobile data or to update over Wi-Fi only to save on data bundles.
Note: Some apps require new permissions when they are updated. You may see a notification asking if you accept the new permissions.
How to update Tala manually
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Tap the Menu icon then My apps & games.
- Apps with an update available are labelled “Update.”
- Search for Tala, then tap “Update.”
Also, note that some phone models need to be restarted for the app to be fully updated.
Why is the Tala loan app not updating?
If you’re always trying to update the app and it fails, try to do one of the following.
- Check your phone settings.
- Check to see if you are signed in to Google Play store.
- Check if you’re using Wi-Fi to update your apps.
- Check to see if you have enough data bundles.
How to reset Tala loan PIN
Here is how to reset your PIN in case you’ve forgotten it.
- Open the Tala APP, select “Forgot Pin?”
- Enter your ID number to get a new temporary PIN.
- The new temporary PIN will be sent to you by SMS.
- Use this temporary PIN to log in and then immediately set a new PIN.
What if your phone is linked to another Tala account?
Well, here’s a way around it if your mobile device is linked to another person.
If your phone is second hand and you know the previous owner, ask them to send Tala a message via email, SMS, or Facebook to confirm ownership.
One last thing, Tala, only allows one user per device. Well, well, well, If you find this post exiting and insightful, why don’t you hit the share button below. Remember sharing is caring! Cheers 😉