Zenka loan app is the latest Kenya’s microloan lending app developed by Zenka Kenya. The app currently offers personal loans which range from Ksh 500 to Ksh 20,000 on android smartphone and Ksh 500 to Ksh 10,000 via USSD.
The best thing about the Zenka loan app is that the first loan is interest-free. That is to say; if you borrow Ksh 500 for the first time, you will repay the same amount.
Isn’t this cool? In addition to that, you get to access and borrow a Zenka loan without using a smartphone.
So, we at UrbanKenyans have carefully reviewed the app, and we can say with much confidence that it is the best loan app next to Tala loan.
This conclusion comes after we checked the reviews on the Google Play store and customer feedback on their Facebook page.
Zenka Loan App Download
Zenka finance, allows you to borrow money quickly and instantly through their mobile loan app.
The borrowed amount is then delivered straight to your Mpesa account within a short time.
Zenka loan app works both on smartphones and ordinary phones via USSD by accessing your phone data such as phone type, SMS, call logs, airtime credit, among other things as shown in the picture below.
This information is used to calculate your loan limit. So next time you’re out shopping for a new phone, choose wisely, you never know 🙂
Zenka’s Black Friday Campaign
Update: Starting Monday 25th to Saturday 30th November (2019), Zenka Kenya will be offering 500,000 free cost loans of up to 61 days. (No fees, no hidden charges, no commission!).
Zenka gives free cost loans for first-time borrowers on a daily basis. However, they have decided to make this week even more special for first-time borrowers who will have more than one free loan.
In short, first-time borrowers will get the first, next and subsequent loans for free until the end of Dec 2019.
This is true so long as you join Zenka and become their customers within the specified week.
This offer applies to all first time borrowers who borrow within that period until the end of the year.
In other words, if you borrow Ksh 1,000 between 25th and 30th November you’ll only repay Ksh 1,000.
What if I’m already a Zenka customer? Well, to enjoy this great offer, you are only required to refer your friend/s and let them benefit from this amazing offer.
But, your efforts won’t go empty-handed. Zenka Kenya will reward you with Ksh 200 for every new loan that your family/friends may take and repay.
Zenka Loan Registration
Registration with Zenka is quite easy as compared to other mobile loan apps, all they need from you is to fill their online application form with your basic biodata such as your first and last name, National ID.
Then, you have to answer a security question from the list of choices provided and lastly and more importantly, a 4-digit PIN. ( PIN YAKO SIRI YAKO 😉 )
To register with Zenka on an Android smartphone
- Open the Google play store to download and install the Zenka loan app on your phone or click here to access Playstore directly.
- Open the app and select your loan amount and duration
- Click on the “Apply for loan” menu button.
- On the next screen, click on the “Sign up” button.
- Here, enter your name and National ID number.
- Choose a security question and enter your answer
- Provide your 4-digit PIN and then, click on the link shown to read the Terms and Conditions for the loan.
- Click on the “Agree and sign up” button
- If successful, you will receive an SMS with a 4-digit verification code.
- Enter the code and click “Done”.
- You’re now good to go and can proceed with the loan application.
To register for Zenka loan via USSD, dial the USSD Code *483101# and follow the system prompts.
How to apply for a loan on Zenka via USSD
- Dial *483101#
- Enter your user PIN and select “Apply for a loan” option.
- A notification will be displayed showing your loan limit
- Select “Apply for Full Limit” or enter your desired loan amount.
- Select the loan repayment period, and you’re done.
If the loan application is successful upon verification, the loan amount will be dispatched straight to your M-Pesa account.
How to Repay Zenka Loan Via USSD
Here is how to repay the Zenka loan app.
- Dial the 483101# on your phone
- Enter your secret 4-digit PIN.
- Select the “Repay” menu option; your current loan balance will be displayed.
- follow the system user prompts to complete payment
- You will then receive an SMS notification, and your loan will be closed.
Other lending apps include;
Zenka Frequently Asked Questions
These are the frequently asked questions regarding Zenka Mobile loan app in Kenya;
Zenka mobile loan app is a personal loan platform that gives Kenyans more control over their money. Zenka offers personal loans to Kenyans through their mobile phone.
Zenka has offices in Nairobi Kenya.
According to Zenka, they use state-of-the-art encryption techniques to ensure data security. They say they never share customers data or sale to third parties, unless for specific reasons like reporting to authorized Credit Bureaus.
Zenka is available for download on Google Playstore for android users.
They work with Metropol, TransUnion and CreditInfo.
You can borrow from KSh 500 to KSh 30,000.
They offer loans with 61-day term payable in 2 instalments.
Does Zenka Charge any fee?
For the first loan, we do not charge any fee.
We charge commission fees starting from 12% for each next loan.