Timiza Loan App is a mobile loan app that allows anyone to access Barclays (Now Absa) Timiza loans on their phones. In this article, I am going to take you through Timiza loan app download so you can get Timiza loan on your phone.
In this article, I will show you;
- A secure method to get a Timiza loan through SMS?
- To borrow from Timiza?
- Tips on how to access your Timiza loan app account and qualify for a loan?
- How to deposit and withdraw from Timiza to M-Pesa and vice-versa
- How to pay Timiza loan
Note: The Timiza loan app is not only for getting loans but goes a long way in helping you develop a saving culture.
What is Timiza, and how does it work?
The Timiza app is a product of Absa. Since the launch of the revolutionary loan app, Absa has outsmarted their competitors in the loan industry.
Timiza Loan attracts an interest charge of 1.083% charged once and a facilitation fee
of 5% of the amount borrowed for a term of 30 days.
Here is how to download the Timiza loan App and a demonstration on how you can use it to get approved for a loan faster. With this Mobile App, you will be able to access the following services:
- Transfer from M-Pesa to Timiza
- Transfer from Timiza to M-Pesa
- Make a loan request
- Repay loan
- Balance inquiry
- Get a mini statement.
- Bill Payments
- Airtime Purchase
- Book a Cab – Little Cab
- Invite Contacts
- Fx Rates
How do I qualify for a Timiza loan?
You don’t need to be an account holder with Absa bank to qualify for the loan. You only need a smartphone with access to M-Pesa. You can access the loan via USSD code or through the loan app.
Most users will use The Absa Timiza App to access credit from their phones. The following information will show you how to qualify and get a loan from Timiza Loan App by Barclays.
For you to qualify for the loan, you must meet several requirements that will allow you to borrow up to 150,000, and you are also required to be an M-PESA user or subscriber for at least six months or so.
How do I get a Timiza loan through SMS?
You can get Timiza loans through the Timiza USSD Code, follow this step to get a loan.
- On your mobile phone dial *848#
- Follow the system prompts by providing the necessary information as required.
- Then, you’re good to go.
Timiza loan app download
Here is how to download the Timiza loan App and a demonstration on how you can use it to get approved for a loan faster.
- Download the Timiza App and Register If you have a SmartPhone, all you need to do is go to Google Play Store and download the App and install it. After installing the App, you can open it to begin registration.
- Register for Timiza As indicated above, you have to register with your National ID and with a Safaricom mobile number, which is active for you to receive the PIN via SMS.
- Check Loan Status If everything goes well and upon activating the account, you will be issued with a loan limit from where you can borrow. If it checks out, you are now able to access your loan.
- What if you are not a Smart Phone Holder? It is easy, Just Dial *848#, and follow the prompts on your Phone.
The amount of loan you will qualify for will depend on how you use your M-Pesa. The App will look at your Mpesa Transaction History to determine your credit score.
In summary, you should at least meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered Safaricom Subscriber.
- Be a registered Safaricom M-PESA customer.
- Have an active Safaricom M-PESA account/line.
- Hold a Kenyan National Identification Document (ID) Kindly note that Kenyan passports are not allowed.
You can also check HF Whizz
How to grow your Timiza loan limit
There comes a time you might need to get a loan of a higher amount than what they currently offer you. Here is how to make sure you increase your loan limit.
- You can move excess money from your M-Pesa to Your TIMIZA Account; this will show the bank that your account is active and might give you a raise.
- The first time I got the App, they asked me to deposit into TIMIZA, I came to realize later that this helps grow my loan limit.
- As I said earlier, the amount you qualify for initially will depend on your M-Pesa history, so it makes sense to increase usage of M-PESA services.
Well, I hope the article helped you with the Timiza App download and get a loan from Barclays bank quickly. Make sure you read other articles on Mobile loans in Kenya.
Timiza isn’t just a loan app. With Timiza, you get to pay your day to day bills in a fast and easy way. But how do you load cash into the loan app? First things first, let me show you how to pay the Timiza loan first before you start paying bills.
Making loan payments on time allows you to increase your credit score. It also builds trust with the lender, and they may increase your Timiza loan limit.
Without much further ado, let’s see how to repay your Timiza loan in minutes.
Read also: iPesa loans
How to pay Timiza loan via M-Pesa Pay Bill
You can repay your Timiza loan in three ways, through USSD code, via Mpesa or from your Timiza app. Timiza loan is usually payable after one month.
To pay Timiza loan;
- Access the Mpesa menu on your smartphone
- Go to the Lipa Na Mpesa menu option and select the “Pay bill Option.”
- Enter Timiza Paybill Number 300067
- On the account number, use the Mpesa number you used to receive the Timiza Loan.
- Complete and confirm your transaction.
In addition to that, you can pay the loan for a friend via the pay bill option. Enter 30067 as the Timiza pay bill number 30067.
To use the USSD code as a method of payment. Dial *848# log in, select the “Loan Option,” and lastly, follow the system prompts.
Finally, on payments, you can pay your loan via the App, log in to the mobile app, and access the “My Loans” menu from the Main menu.
Timiza loan charges
All loans on the Timiza loan app incur an interest rate of CBR + 4%, together with a 5% loan processing fee of the loan amount requested. However, if you are late on payments, a Roll Over Fee of 5% of the outstanding loan amount applies with an additional 30 days repayment loan period.
The best part about this loan is that you get to enjoy a loan repayment period of 30 days and a one-time facility fee of 5%.
I paid my loan in time, but I keep on receiving SMS’s
Sometimes after you have cleared your loan balance, Timiza may still be sending you SMS reminders, which at times may be frustrating. To opt-out of this loop, you may wish to contact Timiza customer representatives. Here is how to contact Timiza customer care.
Timiza loan contacts
You may wish to contact Timiza because of one of the following reasons.
- Timiza loan app PIN reset.
- For any assistance whatsoever.
- You are having trouble using the App.
- You wish to stop the SMS’s
To contact Timiza, service providers use either one of the following methods.
- Via Whatsapp: This may take time, use 0712 233248
- Via Phone – I wouldn’t recommend this method because of the many voices prompts and adverts, but if you’re the patient type, go ahead and use 0709 213000 to call them.
- Email – It is easy. Open your email app and send an email to [email protected]. There customer care representative will assist you.
- Social Media – Timiza has an active Social Media Presence. This is the fastest and effective way to contact them. You can use Facebook to contact them. Just open their Facebook Page and use the Messaging feature on the Page.
- If you are on Twitter, follow Tala Kenya Loans on @TimizaKE then send them a Direct Message.