Barclays Kenya launched a revolutionary loan App known as Timiza App in a move that saw Barclays Kenya outsmart their competitors. This excellent article will take you through Timiza App Download.
The Timiza Mobile Loan App is not only for getting loans but goes a long way in helping you develop a saving culture. Here is how to download the Timiza loan App and a demonstration on how you can use it to get approved for a loan faster.
What is Timiza?
Timiza Loan App is a mobile App from Barclays bank that allows anyone with access to Mpesa gets banking services directly on their phones.
With this Mobile App, you will be able to access the following services:
- Transfer from M-Pesa to Timiza
- Transfer from Timiza to M-Pesa
- Make a loan request
- Repay loan
- Balance inquiry
- Get a mini statement
- Bill Payments
- Airtime Purchase
- Book a Cab – Little Cab
- Invite Contacts
- Fx Rates
Also crucial to Note is that you can access the Timiza Loan App services through the USSD code *848#. This USSD Code is a helpful feature for those who are not smartphone users.
Check out Tala Mobile Loan App available in Kenya.
How do I qualify for a Timiza loan?
Most users will use The Barclays Timiza App to access credit from their phone. The following information will show you how to qualify and get a loan from Timiza Loan App by Barclays.
How do I qualify for a Timiza loan?
To qualify for a Timiza loan; there are several requirements you must meet. These will allow you to borrow up to 150,000, and you are required to be an M-PESA user or subscriber for at least six months.
The amount of loan you will qualify for will depend on how you use your M-Pesa. The App will look at your Mpesa Transaction History to determine your credit score.
In summary, you should at least meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered Safaricom Subscriber.
- Be a registered Safaricom M-PESA customer.
- Have an active Safaricom M-PESA account/line.
- Hold a Kenyan National Identification Document (ID) Kindly note that Kenyan passports are not allowed.
Timiza app download
- Download the Timiza App and Register If you have a Smart Phone all you need to do is go to Google Play Store and download the App and install it. After installing the App, you can open it to begin registration.
- Register for TimizaAs indicated above; you have to register with your National ID and with a Safaricom mobile number which is active for you to receive the PIN via SMS.
- Check Loan Status If everything goes well and upon activating the account, you will be issued with a loan limit from where you can borrow. If it checks out, you are now able to access your loan. (Here is how to check your credit status on CRB)
- What if you are not a Smart Phone Holder? It is easy, Just Dial *848# and follow the prompts on your phone.
How to grow Your Timiza Loan limit
There comes a time you might need to get a loan of a higher amount than what they currently offer you. Here is how to make sure you increase your loan limit.
- You can move excess money from your M-Pesa to Your TIMIZA Account; this will show the bank that your account is active and might give you a raise.
- The first time I got the App, they asked me to deposit into TIMIZA, I came to realize later that this helps grow my loan limit.
- As I said earlier, the amount you qualify for initially will depend on your M-Pesa history, so it makes sense to increase usage of M-PESA services.
You may also like; How to pay Timiza loan just to be on the safe side when it comes to loan repayment.
Well, I hope the article helped you with Timiza App download and get a loan from Barclays bank quickly. Make sure you read other articles on Mobile loans in Kenya.