Today, we will look at how one can apply for a transcription job at GoTranscript.
According to the Communications Authority of Kenya (CAK), about 89.4% of Kenyans are online. This estimate was done in June 2017.
This, therefore, means, as of today, the percentage could be a bit higher. What this means for Kenyans is that they can access work from anywhere in the world in the comfort of their homes. Most of our University graduates these days, choose to employ themselves by taking up online work. This work may either be Online writing, Image annotation or even transcription jobs.
What is GoTranscript all about?
GoTranscript is a professional transcription company, founded in 2005 in Edinburgh, Scotland. It has a team of nearly 20,000 professional transcriptionists, proofreaders, and customer support specialists. However, despite having this many freelance employees, GoTranscript is always hiring to be able to meet its growing clientele needs. Moreover, All its staff members are carefully trained and certified.
Read also: Online jobs in Kenya
How do I start working at GoTranscript?
To start working for this online company, you need first to make an application.
- Go to your browser be it Chrome/Mozilla/Opera
- Then search their website that is GoTranscript Jobs
- On the middle bottom part of the page, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button
- You will be redirected to the signup page, whereby there are two choices: To sign up using Facebook or Google
- After selecting the email address you would like to use for GoTranscript, you will be redirected to a new page
- Here you have a quiz and achieve 100% completion of all the 14 questions asked
NB: If you fail the test you will be allowed to retake it again
- After passing the quiz, One also has to complete a transcription test before being assigned work
- The transcription test job usually has a non-native speaker to test whether in future once you have passed the tests that you will be able to handle the task. Most of the jobs that Gotranscript clients may want to be transcribed may also be of low video quality and speakers who have strong accents. It is therefore essential to make sure that the person to be hired can handle this type of work.
NB: After passing the two tests, one has to go back to the Gotranscript website and then signup as a client with the same email one used to do the test. After this, further instructions on work will be emailed to you.
Why work for GoTranscript
- This one of the online transcription sites that pays the highest. Take for instance an average earner can make up to $150 per month.
- Payment is always an issue for anyone who has ever worked online. However, if working for GoTranscript, you don’t have to worry as payment is made weekly.
- It’s a flexible working site, and you can work at any time.
- On the aspect of growth, the team of trainers will regularly send you feedback.
- GoTranscript allows its freelance workers to choose the kind of projects to work in from a variety that might be available.
- All that one needs to start working for Gotranscript is proper English, no prior experience whatsoever is required.
- GoTranscript gives 6 hours to transcribe a 10 minutes video meaning even if you are a slow transcriber, and there is no way you will fail to meet the deadline.
- This site moreover has a few transcription examples that one can go back to from time to time if not sure.
With the rate of unemployment being very high in Kenya. It pays to get creative when looking for jobs. Therefore, it is essential to take note of sites like GoTranscript where one can log in and work from anywhere in Kenya. All that one has to ensure they have is a secure internet connection and a good laptop.
Therefore, trying out and checking out online sites to work like this, is paramount, to fighting poverty within our circles.