We all know that today’s students are bombarded with a range of options and learning opportunities. They may use blogs, wikis, social networks, video sites and a plethora of options to find relevant content and to learn online.
The problem is that they may face difficulties in finding the right content and high quality in the midst of this “sea of options.” To get an idea of the amount of information available online, here are the statistics:
- There are 100 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- 200 billion tweets are posted on Twitter every year.
- Currently, there are 17.6 billion + of blog pages in WordPress.
- According to the American Library Association, in 2020 the amount of information available on the Internet will double every 15 minutes.
With this constant information coupled with the speed of time spent by the user to learn more effort and cost is dedicated to course creation. we come to the point of this article. You can not get back the time you spend and the money you use in developing your course.
There are simpler and certain tools available that you can utilize and will help you reduce that time and cost by 90%.
Reduce Course Development Costs by 90%
An effective solution to the problem of overload learning and pressure to produce content in the form of quickly and cheaply courses is to use the learning management system (LMS) as a ramp to the cost reduction and production quality.
Traditionally, content creators and instructional designers develop courses using various third-party tools such as PDF, Powerpoint presentations and may upload them to some websites on the internet or send to students via email. Comparatively, using a learning management systems (LMS) such as Smart Kenyan Academy allows you to quickly create integrating content with ease:
- The creation process is standardized.
- You can use tests to monitor student progress.
- Video and other graphical content are much easier to create
- No need to email students when the course is available, they will automatically get notifications.
- The marketing of your course is partly done by the LMS, students can easily find your course
- Forums internal or external thread or in the form of Groups on the platform.
Although the files of the content listed above are located outside the LMS, the system can also monitor student progress through test results.
How an LMS will Reduce Course Development Costs by 90%
Based on a cost estimate to build a traditional course, takes 16 to 23 days to be created and assuming the cost of filming, animation, and recordings, you can save all this by using an integrated all in one tool and record lectures even with a webcam.
Using an LMS, you can integrate and produce a course with the following characteristics:
- A video.
- A quiz or Test
- A PDF document.
- PowerPoint presentation.
- A final exam.
- Group & Forum Chat for Discussions
- Notes Taking capability
For this, it would take less than two days to create your class, not to mention the cost, including the time to find content curation, create reviews and mount/test course.
This translates into short and long-term savings compared to traditional products. Given that most companies provide dozens of courses for students and Internet users, the cost containment translates into tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
Not only will you reduce course development costs by 90% but generally courses created from an LMS platform are more likely to be seen as more engaging and professional than the existing web content (videos, blogs, presentations, etc.) randomly assigned.
These platforms also allow monitoring of students and integration of various other tools, which allows an even greater level of completion of the course and enhanced learning.