2019 KCPE results are out. Here is how to Check 2019 KCPE Results via SMS. The Education Cabinet Secretary Prof. George Magoha today announced the 2019 KCPE Exam results for the just concluded 2019 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) Exam.
This year, a total of 1,088,986 candidates sat for the examinations in October. The examination marking was concluded on Friday by a total of 6,440 examiners for English composition and Kiswahili Insha papers.
The PS announced that the number of candidates scoring 400 and above has dropped to 9, 770 from 11, 559 in 2018. With the top candidate scoring a total of 440 marks.
How to Check 2019 KCPE Results via SMS
How to check 2019 KCPE results via SMS;
- On your Safaricom/Airtel phone
- Open the SMS menu and enter your Index number in the text field
- To receive your results; Send your Index number followed by “KCPE” in capital letter to 20076
- Wait for an SMS from KNEC with your full results
- The results include performance per subject.
Related: How to Download 2019 Form One Admission Letter
TOP 4 Best students – KCPE 2019
- Andy Michael Munyiri – 440/500 Marks
- Flavian Onyango – 439/500 Marks
- June Cheptoo Koech – 439/500
- Sean Ndung’u – 439/500
Both top students tied in scores at 92% in English, 99 in Mathematics, 97% in Kiswahili, 84% in Social Studies and lastly, 81% in Science.
How to Verify KCPE Results
After you have received your KCPE results using the SMS method, it is essential to counter check and verify the authenticity of the results to be sure that the results are indeed yours. This can only be done online where you can access and download your KCPE results Slip.
Things to check for include;
- Your name – Check to ensure that they are spelt correctly and in the order, you provided during KCPE registration
- The name of your school
- The subject grades/marks and
- Your school code
How to Check 2019 KCPE Results Online
The main advantage of checking KCPE results online is that candidates’ gate to check how their school performed and can compare results with different schools.
To check your 2019 KCPE results online
- Visit https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/ on your PC/Mobile phone web browser or click
hereto access it directly
- Click on the “2019 On-Line Result slip” tab
- Enter your school code as username and Index Number as a password to log in
- You can now choose to view, download or print your results slip.
That is it on how to view your 2019 KCPE exam results using SMS and online, kindly share this post with your friends on Facebook to enable them also to view and download their results slips online. You can also read more about the KNEC portal by clicking on this link