Having successfully applied to the World Bank funding during the African Center of Excellence II bidding by Eastern and Southern African states. Moi University is hosting an African Center of Excellence in Phytochemicals, ACEII-PTRE, Textile and Renewable Energy.
The Center is, therefore, offering limited postgraduate scholarships for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (Ph.D.) to highly deserving students on a competitive basis.
Moi University Masters and Doctorate Scholarships
The Institution’s scholarships will be offered to both national and regional students in the following categories
- Energy Studies – MSc and Ph.D.
- Industrial Engineering – MSc
- Textile Engineering – MSc
Moi University scholarships under P.h.D will be awarded for a maximum duration of three years while the Master’s scholarships have a two-year duration.
Moi University Scholarships Selection Criteria
For an applicant to be successfully shortlisted and contacted, one must have
- A minimum of Second Class Honours Upper Division or its equivalence in a Bachelor degree related to the field one is interested in. In the case of Ph.D. application, Master’s degree in a related field is a requirement.
- Proof of admission into the above-stated programs will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must meet the minimum requirement for admission into Masters (MSc) and Ph.D. programs as stipulated by the Moi University Senate.
- Demonstration that one cannot afford to pay for his or her postgraduate program will be a requirement.
- All interested candidates must have a research concept paper that is in one of the programs offered by the Center.
Candidates encouraged to apply
The following list of candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
- Disadvantaged candidates
- Candidates with disabilities.
- Regional candidates
- Candidates belonging to marginalized groups and
- Female Candidates
The Programs are scheduled to start in September 2017. All eligible candidates who are interested in these programs are invited to apply on or before 18th August 2017.
Interested candidates can apply by filling in a scholarship form which can be obtained directly from the University or the institution website. Application forms can also be downloaded from here.
The duly filled application form can either be returned directly to the Center, emailed or posted to the below-mentioned contacts addresses. All applications should be addressed to:-
The Center Leader
African Center of Excellence II
Phytochemicals, Textile and Renewable Energy (ACEII-PTRE) Moi University
P.O. Box 3900-30100
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com