The Teachers Service Commission wish to announce TSC Jobs Vacancies for Principals in National, Extra County Schools, and Teacher Training Colleges. The Commission is a Constitutional Commission which was established under article 237 of the Constitution.
Interested candidates, who meet the required qualifications, should make their applications online through the TSC website so as to be received on or before 17th October 2017.
TSC Jobs: Vacancies for Principals in National, Extra County Schools, and Teacher Training Colleges.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and implement institutional curriculum.
- Be the custodian of records of the institution.
- Be responsible for the resource mobilization, project planning, administration and management of human resource.
- Administer teaching functions in the institution including the evaluation of curriculum delivery.
- Ensure diligent utilization of institutional resources.
- Be responsible for implementation of education policy and professional practice and maintenance of the teaching standards at the institutional level.
- Procure goods and services within the public procurement guidelines for institutional use.
- Be Secretary to the Board of Management (BoM) and ensure execution of the decision of the Board.
- Ensure maintenance of high standards of discipline by both staff and students.
- Be a lead educator and administrator in the institution.
- Ensure compliance to the statutory requirements and other relevant laws related to employment.
- Be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a safe and conducive environment for learners.
- Be conversant with relevant provisions in the Constitution and other laws and regulations that relate to Education and Teacher Professionalism.
Read also:- Post-CBA: New Teachers House Allowances
TSC Jobs: Minimum Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Computer Literate.
- Be a qualified Graduate Teacher/Technical Teacher/Lecturer employed by the Teachers Service Commission.
- Must be at Job Group ‘P’ and above and has served continuously as an institution administrator for a period not less than 10 years.
- Be a holder of a Masters Degree in a relevant area from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Must have demonstrated competence and ability as a classroom teacher.
- A Course in Management or Leadership will be an added advantage.
Shortlisted Candidates will be required to present the following documents during interviews:
- A Clearance Application from EACC
- Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau – See how to Check your CRB Status
- Clearance Certificate by Higher Education Loans Board
- KRA Tax Compliance Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
Advert 8/2017: Principals of National and Extra County Schools – 15 Posts
Applicants MUST be:
- Result oriented with proven track record of performance in KCSE with an average mean score of 7 and above in the last 3 years.
- Serving as Principal in a secondary school.
Note: Those who applied for TSC Jobs in Advert 1/2017 and whose Institutions have an average mean a score of 7 and above in KCSE in the last 3 years need not apply.
Advert 9/2017: Principals of Teacher Training Colleges – 3 Posts
Applicants MUST be:
- Serving as Principal or Deputy Principal in a Tertiary Institution.
- Must be result oriented with proven track record of performance in National Examinations in the last 3 years.
Note: NB: These advert cancels the previous Adverts No. 2/2017 and 3/2017 that were placed in the media on 5th September 2017.
Source: TSC Website