The age of internet connectivity has brought many changes to how the government of Kenya delivers its services. These days, it’s no longer a matter of making queue throughout the day to get any service offered to you. But only a matter of accessing the internet to get answers. Let’s check at how one can check if their driving license is ready for collection at the comfort of one’s home.
A driving License is an authority that allows one to drive all category of vehicles in Kenya. This authority is issued by the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA). That is the NTSA driving License checker. However, one has to have gone through a validated driving school and passed a driving test to apply for one. It is, therefore, a crime to be driving on the Kenyan roads without a driving License chargeable in a court of law.
How to check the status of your driving license
There are two Major ways to check if your driving Licence is ready for collection. The first method is through the NTSA driving License checker, and the second one is through the KRA. Let’s discuss extensively the two ways below.
Checking Status of the Licence using KRA RTD checker
- Go to the KRA website
- On the far right corner, select, online services button and click on it
- You will be redirected to another page. Please select ‘case status checker.’
- A dialogue box will appear saying that you are being redirected to an external page, click Ok
- You will be redirected to Itax page
- Input type of case, which is registration and reference number as well as the date
- Then click on Submit, and you will be able to get a response on whether the driving License it is ready or not
Checking Status of the Licence using NTSA
There are also two ways to check for the status of your driving license using NTSA driving License checker. The first method is through using the NTSA app, while the other process is through using one’s eCitizen account. These days, when applying for a driving license, one has to do so through eCitizen.
Read more on how to create an eCitizen account
If and when you want to check if your Driving license is ready;
- Log into your eCitizen account
- Select NTSA tab
- Then select on check status
- You will then get a notification regarding whether your License is prepared or not.
Checking the status of a Driving License using the TIMS website and NTSA driving License checker
Here is how to go about doing this;
- Go to this page http://www.ntsa.go.ke/
- Select TIMS – it’s on the far right corner
- A new page will open
- Here, select register. One can either register as an individual, dealer, agent, financial institution, company, driving school.
- Select whether you are a citizen or not and then Input your ID number and click on Verify
- After completing the registration, login, to access your account
- Here, one can be able to check the status of their Driving License as well as reapply for one.
Checking the status of a Driving License using the TIMS website
The other method on how to check the status of ones driving License is through the NTSA app. This app can be downloaded from the google play store for Android users and iPhone users from the iPhone store. All that one has to do is to download the app and then install it on their device.
The other functions of NTSA driving License checker app include
- One can report road accidents
- One can check the status of their driving license
- Road service and licensing status check
- Status of Sacco license
- State of PSV licensing
- vehicle night travel license status
- Verily the application process
- as well as check the inspection status of motor vehicle
More to this, one can also be able to verify all these documents online using SMS code 22846, if they do not own a smartphone.
The image below gives details on how to go about doing this
Do not be duped into getting a fake license, and please use these simple methods explained above to help you resolve your issues with NTSA online. The methods above save you time, money and enable you to keep in milking the cash from your hassle.