Travel insurance comes in handy, especially if you are an individual who travels a lot.
While on a trip, a lot can happen, and nobody wants to be helpless when things go wrong during this period.
Travel insurance is usually designed to take care of different kinds of needs for various clientele.
You will need to invest in reliable travel insurance to avoid accidents, loss of baggage, illnesses and flight cancellation to prevent turning your perfect holiday into a nightmare.
Acquiring a travel cover could eventually save you thousands of shillings.
In this article, we shall first walk you through on what travel insurance is and how to get the best-suited package for you and family.
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is a type of insurance that covers the costs and losses associated with travelling.
It protects those travelling domestically or abroad.
This kind of insurance is a specific type of cover designed to caution a traveller against potential losses for a traveller which include pre-paid travel costs like airline tickets, hotel reservations, and cruise payments.
Other losses may include the unexpected expense of emergency medical treatment, an evacuation off a mountaintop, or the cost required to recover a dead traveller’s body.
Jubilee insurance offers the following package:
Benefits at a glance
- You have an easier time claiming
- They pay fast, in other terms, express payments
- Their worldwide cover is 24/7/365
- They also offer baggage loss cover
- The company provides overseas Emergency medical cover
- You are covered in case of flight delay and cancellation
3. Heritage insurance company
These are some of the benefits you will enjoy with The Heritage Traveller
- Travel delay or flight cancellation: The company offers you reprieve f you have to cancel or delay your flight due to unavoidable circumstances.
- Medical and emergency expenses: Cost incurred during travel, costs of returning home by Air Ambulance, emergency medical, surgical or dental expenses are all covered in this.
- Hospital allowance: If hospitalised abroad, the company covers illnesses covered under this policy.
- Personal accident: Looses resulting from an accident, injuries, loss of limbs, loss of sight and death are all covered under this.
- Passport: If you have lost a passport and need to replace it, the cost will be covered under this policy.
- Luggage: Inace of lost or misplaced luggage during check out at an international airline, the company will cover this. Also, the cost of purchasing essentials during this period will be carried on by the company.
Also, read about private health insurance companies in Kenya
4. HF Group
Benefits offered by HF Group include
- Emergency medical and related expenses covered up to specified limits
- Personal accidental death and permanent disability covered up to to a specified limit
- Trip cancellation and Interruption coverage due to financial default of an airline, cruise line, or tour operator
- HF covers baggage, trade samples, personal effects, travel documents, money and credit cards covered
- Medical expense (Primary)
5. CIC Group
- Emergency Medical Related expenses are all sorted
- Provision of a personal accident cover
- Reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses incurred in the event of cancellation or curtailment of an insured trip
- You are reimbursed reasonable costs incurred following travel delays.
- You are covered in the case of loss or damage to luggage, cash and travel documents are compensated