HELB is the sweet and sour pill most university students have to take. We can’t overlook the importance of this loan towards facilitating higher education for most university students in the country. All the same upon completion of your course and landing a career, look back and see what HELB did for you. That way, you will not see HELB as a burden but as a responsibility that you should live up to.
Undergraduate HELB Loan Repayment begins one year after completion of studies or within such a period the HELB Loans Board decides to recall the loan whichever is earlier.
You can make voluntary payments before or after you complete your studies and you are successfully employed. Please fill in the Loan Recovery Enquiry form and e-mail to [email protected] in order to start or resume your Loan repayment.
HELB Loan Repayment Modes
1. Using Mpesa Paybill Number
- Go to M-PESA menu then select Pay Bill.
- Enter 200800 for HELB business number.
- Your account number is your National ID number.
- Then enter the amount to pay
- Enter your M-PESA PIN number.
- You will receive a verification SMS. Press OK if the details are correct.
- Lastly M-PESA confirmation SMS will be sent to your phone.
2. By Bank Deposits – through the Employer or Self
All payments should be made by direct transfer Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) Swift code, standing order or cash deposit to the HELB collection bank accounts in any of the following Banks:
Bank – Citi Bank
A/C No. – 300 040 012
Branch – Nairobi
Swift Code – CITIKENA
A/C – 011290 612 228 00
Swift Code – KCOOKENA
A/C No. – 077 501 8216
Swift Code – BARCKENX
Kenya Commercial Bank
A/C No. – 1103 266 314
Swift Code – KCBLKENX
Standard Chartered Bank
A/C – 010 801 826 4700
Swift Code – SCBLKENX
A/C – 055 029 357 3408
Swift Code – EQBLKENA
National Bank of Kenya
A/C – 01001060391100
Swift Code – NBKEKENX
A/C – 035 000 024 971
Family Bank Towers
Swift Code – FABLKENAXXX
A/C – 0332084215001
Swift Code – CKENKENAXXX
A/C – 1002247638
Branch NIC Hse
Swift Code – NINCKENAXXX
Jamii Bora Bank
A/C – 0011748527001
Branch – Koinange Street
Swift Code – CIFIKENAXXX
3. HELB Loan Repayment via Credit/Debit Card
You can give authority to HELB to make monthly debits/lump-sum payments directly from your Bank Account or credit card.
To grant this authority to HELB, Visit HELB offices and request the CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM (CCA). Sign it and leave a copy at the HELB office. HELB also accepts swapping of VISA-branded Credit cards/Debit (ATM) cards at HELB offices
4. HELB Loan Repayment – Online Via HELB Portal
To make your payment online through the HELB portal,
- Login/Register an account at the HELB online portal
- Once logged into your account, click on “Online Services” tab followed by “Online Payment Menu”
- Enter your National ID number as your account number and the amount you wish to pay
- Click on the “Pay Now” button to complete your payment.
- A payment acknowledgment will be issued upon successful payment.
- HELB will issue an official downloadable/printable receipt for the payment.
5. HELB Loan Repayment Via Equity Bank ATM
- Insert your ATM card into the ATM card slot
- Enter your secret PIN Number.
- Select the “Pay Bill” Menu
- Select HELB
- Enter your National ID number and follow the system prompt to complete the transaction
6. Helb Loan Repayment – Wave
To make payments instantly from the US and Canada through Wave via KCB account number 1103266314. Visit www.sendwave.com to Download and install the app and then make transfers immediately. On completing your transaction, you will get a wave message like the one shown below.
After receiving the Wave message, forward it to the following email address [email protected]
How to Check Your Statement
Completion of HELB Loan Repayment
Upon completion of loan repayment, You will be issued with a Certificate of Clearance from HELB. Only the HELB Loans Board can confirm your loan repayment status. Fill in the Loan Recovery Enquiry form and e-mail to [email protected] for clearance. Remember to quote your ID number.