This article will help you apply and get Payoneer Kenya account and also receive the Payoneer Virtual Card.
Payoneer is a New York-based online payment solution which provides a Prepaid Debit Card that handles money transfer safely and securely globally. It’s considered as one of the best PayPal alternatives.
The Prepaid Debit Card can be used to withdraw money from Payoneer online through your local bank or ATM with the MasterCard® logo as it supports more than 150 currencies.
Is Payoneer available in Kenya?
Yes, I have the card, and I use it like any other Mastercard to shop and also withdraw from any local ATM.
The benefits of Payoneer include but not limited to:
- To Withdraw money from MasterCard supported ATMs.
- For online shopping and payments all around the world
- To book hotels online via sites like tripadvisor.com.
- You can buy domain and web hosting from sites like Namecheap, HostGator, & Bluehost
- Payoneer MasterCard is used to get payments from freelancing sites like Fiverr, Freelancer, Elance, Upwork, and affiliate networks like Impact Radius, CJ, and ShareASale, respectively.
Where can I get a Payoneer card?
Applying for the Payoneer in Kenya is fast and straightforward secure. All you need to do is, to sign up on the Payoneer Kenya website and wait for your Card to arrive.
On the next page, provide your detail information by filling up the form provided. Ensure that the name and date of birth you provide are an exact match with those in your National ID/Passport/Driving License. Then click on the “Next” button to move to the next step.
Enter your contact address. Be sure to enter the correct Address, City and Postal Code. Your MasterCard will be sent to the provided. Click “Next” to move to the next section.
Create a secure password and select a security question then take a screenshot of the security question’s answer if necessary and have it stored somewhere safe like your google drive or write it down in your notebook. Security questions help in password retrieval in case forgotten. Click on the next button to move on.
Provide your Bank information details and submit your application.
After your application has been reviewed, you will receive an “Order Card Confirmation” on your email. Once Payoneer Prepaid Debit MasterCard has been approved, your card will be shipped to the address provided. It takes about 14 to 20 days to get your card depending on your location.
How to Activate Payoneer MasterCard in Kenya
Once you’ve received your card, log in to your Payoneer account using the username and Password you provided. You can check your email address in case you have forgotten. Click on the “Activate” button immediately after logging into your account.
Enter the 16 digit card number from your newly received card for verification and choose a four-digit PIN that you will be used in ATMs and stores anywhere. (Keep safe you PIN).
A confirmation message “Your request was successfully performed” will pop up, and an email will also be sent to You confirming the activation success. Now its’ time to start using the card.
How to Add Funds to Your Payoneer MasterCard in Kenya
Once the card is activated, your account will display. To get the $25 bonus, you’ll have to receive a payment $100 to your account.
Funds cannot be transferred to your Payoneer account from any debit card or credit card or the local bank. There are two main ways to top up your card.
1. By Receiving Payments from Payoneer Supported Companies
This applies to Freelancers, Affiliate Marketers, and Bloggers who get their payment from the companies that support the Payoneer payment method.
Here is a list of popular companies that offer Payoneer Payment.
- Amazon Associates
- Commission Junction
- Revenue hits.
2. Using US Payment Service
This service allows all Payoneer account holders to receive payments from US-based firms. You don’t need to be a US resident to earn money from US-based firms like eBay, Clickbank, Amazon etc. All you need to do is to use the “US Payment Service” option in your account.
How to Earn Money Through the Payoneer Affiliate program
Payoneer offers you an opportunity to earn make money from their Affiliate Program know as “Refer A Friend” program. The exciting thing about this program is that anyone who signs up an account with Payoneer through your affiliate link gets a $25 bonus.
This is only applicable if he/she makes a payment of $100 to their account, you’ll also get the $25 reward. It’s a win-win deal. To sign up for the affiliate program, log in to your account and click on ‘Refer a Friend’ button on the upper-right of the page.
Copy the Payoneer Refer a Friend Affiliate Link on the landing page and use it to promote your affiliate link through your blog or social networking accounts.
How to Withdraw Money from Payoneer using the MasterCard in Kenya
You can withdraw your Payoneer money to either your local bank account or local MasterCard supported ATM.
Withdrawal from the Local Bank
- Submit your Payoneer account details to your Bank for approval
- Log in to your Payoneer account and access the “To Bank Account” menu under “Withdraw” section from the main menu.
- To add your Bank account details, click on the “ADD NEW” button.
- Confirm the account ownership by entering the Payoneer Card Number, CVV, Date of Birth, and Payoneer Account Password.
- Enter your bank account details, i.e. Bank name, Branch name, Account name, Account number, and Bank account description.
- You will receive a thank you note and an email from Payoneer confirming bank account approval.
Once the account is approved, proceed to withdraw money to your bank account by following these steps.
- Log in to your account and access the “To Bank Account” section under “Withdraw” from the main menu.
- Select your bank account and enter the amount you wish to withdraw. Click on the “NEXT” button and confirm your withdrawal request.
- Your funds will be deposited to your local Bank account within 4-5 working business days.
Payoneer Money Withdrawal from a Local ATM
To withdraw your Payoneer money from your local ATM, check to ensure that the ATM is MasterCard supported. Payoneer Card is accepted on all ATMs with the MasterCard logo. You will receive your payments in local currency.
If you have enjoyed reading and found this post useful, help me by sharing it on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.