Skrill made things easier for us when they introduced the Skrill to Mpesa wallet on their platform. We are going to show you how to transfer your money easily between these 2 services.
The Skrill to Mpesa service has lower fees compared to other payment methods such as Paypal and Payoneer Kenya. Keep on reading on how to withdraw money from Skrill to Mpesa
Skrill is considered as a secure and transparent service for individuals venturing into online work or business and needs to send/receive payments from freelancing sites, online stores, and overseas as Skrill provides the best alternative to Paypal Kenya.
With the increasing number of Kenyans working online, abroad and offering online freelancing services through various portals. One has to decide the best option online for money transfer and payment.
How to Create a Skrill Account in Kenya
- Click here to create a FREE account with Skrill.
- Fill in the form provided by entering the right information.
- Select your wallet information details i.e you have an option to select Country and Currency.
- Select the country where you live and have a valid “Identity Document” of that country.
- Note: You cannot change your currency once your wallet has been created.
- Enter your street address eg Tom Mboya.
- The final step for the account opening is to add your phone number.
Verification and Set Up your Skrill to Mpesa Account
- Login to your email address and click on the verification link sent to you by Skrill.
- Go to the “Cards & Bank Account” section to add your Credit/Debit card.
- Click on the “Mobile Wallet” Tab followed by the “Add Mobile Wallet” Button.
- Enter your mobile number and click on the “Save” button
How to Transfer from Skrill to Mpesa
Skrill Partnered with Safaricom to enable its customers to transfer their Skrill funds received in their mobile wallet to their mobile bank accounts. Steps to withdraw money from Skrill to Mpesa in an instant.
- Click here to access the Skrill iT website
- Change the Country field from Belgium to Kenya in order to convert the currency into Kenya shillings.
- Click on the “Get started” menu followed by the Mpesa button (not the Logo).
- Enter the recipient’s information in the fields provided.
- Click on the “Continue” button to log into your Skrill account or to sign up.
- Skrill will provide/display your account balance details and transaction cover cost.
- Check and verify the recipient’s information.
- Provide your date of birth details for security checkup and
- Click on the “Send Money” button and wait for an SMS and a confirmation email from Skrill.
- Now you feel good, 🙂 ha?
Benefits of Skrill Wallet
- Skrill is popular and a favorite among Kenyans due to its ability to transfer money directly to the Mpesa account in record time.
- It is easy to send and receive payments from overseas and any person from any country who has a Skrill account.
- You can link your Skrill account to your
Nakumatt Global Cardfor easy topping up and Shop online.
- Affordability, Availability, low transaction costs and convenience of use.
- You can request payments from users using their E-mail address.
- Low deposit and withdrawal charges as compared to other online payment platforms.
I hope that you enjoyed reading this guide. If you have any queries, please let us know through the comments section. Share the love with your friends by sharing it on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.