In our article today, we will focus on discussing the list of top manufacturing companies in Kenya.
The manufacturing sector in Kenya is a key industry player in the Kenyan’s economy. Year after year, this sector has continued to grow and therefore providing lots of employment opportunities to Kenyans.
Time and again, economists have argued about the strongest subsectors in the Kenyan manufacturing industry. According to most of them, the food and beverage industry leads (Agro-industry), followed by textiles, pharmaceuticals, and finally the construction industry (cement, steel, high-end furniture).
Below, we will outline the leading manufactures in each of the subsectors outlined above.
Top Manufacturing Companies in Kenya
Bidco is one of the top manufacturing companies in Kenya producing fast-moving consumer goods. This manufacturing company was started in 1985 as a soap plant. Over the years, BIDCO has reinvented itself to become a manufacturer of different products.
With over 50 brands on the shelves of our supermarkets and shops, it is. hard not to be currently consuming a BIDCO product.
Some of BIDCO’s top brands include:
- Edible oils and fats – Elianto, Ufuta, Goldenfry, Kimbo, Olive gold and Bahari fry
- Food and Beverages – Noodies (instant flavored noodles)
- Hygiene and personal care – Nuru (dishwashing paste), Gaea (soothing body soap), Gental care hand sanitizer.
- Animal feeds – Kienyeji mash, standard diary feed, pig finishing meal e.t.c
Location – General Kago Road, Thika
Website – BIDCO
Phone – +254 672 821 000
Unilever is one of the largest manufacturing companies in the World. As a result of it having a big platform, each day over 2.5 billion people consume products manufactured by Unilever.
Moreover, Unilever sells over 400 brands all over the world. Some of its products which are performing very well in the Kenyan market include:
- Blue band
- Dove – bathing soap
- Sunlight – powder washing soap
- Fair & lovely
Location – Watermark Business Park, Ndege Road, Karen
Website – https://www.unilever.co.ke/
Phone – +254 (0) 709 050 600
East Africa Breweries Limited
East Africa Breweries limited is the leading manufacturer of alcohol brands in Kenya and beyond. Whether you prefer beer, non-alcoholic adult drinks, spirits, they got you covered.
Some of its popular products in the market include:
- Spirits such as Black Label, Captain Morgan, Red label, Snapp among others
- Beers – Guinness, Tusker, Balozi, Whitecap, Pilsner, Tusker Lite
- Others include – Malta Guinness and Alvaro,
Bamburi cement cannot miss from this list of top manufacturing companies in Kenya. This manufacturing Limited company is a world-class manufacturer of building materials.
Moreover, in Kenya, Bamburi Cement is the largest manufacturing export earner company. What this means is that it is a very big contributor to the Kenyan economy.
In addition to all this, Babmburi cement can be found in all hardware shops everywhere in the country. Making it available for everyday consumers. Whether you are building a water tank or your first house, Bamburi cement is here to help in this.
Tel: (+254-20) 2893000/2710487
Email: [email protected]
In addition to all the other manufacturing companies listed above, Tononoka steel also makes it to this list. This company is the leading manufacturer of steel products in East Africa.
Moreover, it is important to understand that Tononoka steel has a very humble beginning. It started out as hardware supplying steel products in the Kenyan market.
These days, it is more than a steel company, it has become a major producer of galvanized pipes, beams, flats & angles, hollow sections, and ms sheets.
Location – Airport North Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Website – https://tononokasteels.com/
Phone – +(254) 721 470 960 or +(254) 721 470 852
Other manufacturing companies include:
- Unga Group Limited – a leading manufacturer of animal and human nutrition products
- Kapa Oil refineries – Top manufacturer of edible oil products in Kenya
- Pwani Oil refineries limited – a leading manufacturer of edible oils and other fast-moving consumer goods.
- Maisha Flour mills
- Haco Industries Ltd Kenya – Top manufacturer of plastic products such as plastic seats, basins, buckets e.t.c
- Chandaria Industries limited
- Sameer group
- Brookside dairy limited
- Premier food industries limited
- Crown paints limited
- Doshi group of companies
- Farmers choice
- Mabati rolling mills
- Pz Cussons East Africa
- Tarpo industries limited