Modern Coast Online Booking system was launched in 2015 to cater to the growing number of passengers.
Modern Coast Bus Online Booking is a luxury coach service company operating in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda.
With over 50 branches in Kenya alone, it is one of the East African region’s top luxury coach companies. The company operates over ten daily scheduled services between Nairobi and Mombasa.
Related: Easy Coach Online Booking
Modern Coast Online Booking
Modern Coast is the only coach company in East Africa to offer passengers the choice between a business class and first-class service on board.
The first-class seating is significantly more spacious than the business class seats, making Modern Coast Coaches an unrivalled and exceedingly comfortable alternative to air travel.
You may also like Jambo Jet Online Booking Process.
The company’s loyalty program is known as Modern Miles enables passengers to accrue miles for every sector they travel aboard a Modern coach.
Follow these steps to book a bus online.
- Visit Modern Coast Bus website here or copy and paste this link https://www.modern.co.ke/index.php/online/booking on your web browser.
- Enter your travel itinerary in the field provided and click on the “Search” button to search for available buses.
- On the next page, a list of the buses that are en-route to the destination selected, their prices, reporting time and departure time will be displayed.
- Click on the little brown tick on one of the buses to view the available seats of the selected bus, as shown below.
- Select your preferred seat(s) on the bus chart and then click on the “Submit” button to proceed to payment. (Available Seats are coloured brown)
- Provide your Personal information on the field shown. You can choose to apply for a discount by either using a promotional code or the Modern Miles Card for loyal customers.
Making the Payment
Next, select your preferred method of payment from the payment methods available. After which you will receive detail on payment and booking via SMS through the phone number you provided.
Your seat(s) will be reserved for precisely 15 minutes after which, if no payment is made, the reservation is cancelled.
If you choose the Mpesa payment option, you’ll receive an SMS with the modern coast express Mpesa Paybill number and account number for Lipa Na Mpesa (Mpesa Charges Apply).
Once you’ve completed your payment, you will receive another SMS from Modern Coast Bus confirming your online bus booking.
The confirmation SMS also contains the bus ticket number. You need to save this message to use it later when picking up your ticket.