This article will show you how to transfer money from Mpesa to PayPal. Step by step. Paypal made a TransferTo partnership with Mpesa recently to ensure the transfer of funds between the two platforms.
If you have ever worked online, then you must have owned a PayPal account. However, if you have not yet owned one, we will have to explain what a Paypal account is in this article. Away from this category of people who use this service when they want to send money from the US to their family in Kenya or from Kenya to the US. Majorly, we will discuss how to transfer money from Mpesa to Paypal.
Mpesa to PayPal Requirements
To qualify for this service, one needs the following:
- A valid Paypal account
- Safaricom line with active M-Pesa account
How to Create the account
To accomplish this transfer, the first step is to own a Paypal Mpesa account. Here are the simple steps to follow to create one.
- Go to this Paypal Mpesa website
- The first step is to sign up if you don’t already have a Paypal account
- If you don’t have a Paypal account, click on sign up
- Once you have signed up, click on Link accounts
- You will receive a confirmation code in the number you have input to link accounts
- Once confirmed, a new tab will open..
How then do I transfer money from my Mpesa to Paypal
- After signing up and logging in to your account, a new tab with two options will open:
- Select Top-up to Paypal
- A new tab will open, go to the calculator and confirm the amount in Ksh you will have to top up to equivalent the dollars
- Then go to Mpesa and select Lipa Na Mpesa then select the Pay bill number
- Input Business number 800088
- Your phone number should be your account number
- Input your pin and then send
- You have now topped up your Paypal account with Mpesa
Once you have topped up your Paypal account with Mpesa, you are now free to shop from anywhere in the world in the comfort of your room. It is, however, essential to note that, this topped amount may take around 4 hours to be processed. Moreover, if it still doesn’t detect, please log in into your Paypal account.
The other function that one could perform with Paypal Mpesa transfer is to be able to withdraw from Paypal. Most of us may have used this service many times in the past as we might have a relative who sends money home from the US or even a client. Here is how to go about withdrawing money from Paypal to Mpesa.
How to Withdraw Money
Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Log in to the Paypal account and then select Paypal Mpesa services
- Select Withdraw from Paypal
- The available balance will be displayed. Please note that you can only withdraw up to your available balance
- Input the amount that you want to withdraw
- A new page will open, whereby you will be shown the amount to receive in Kenyan shillings, conversion rate, and the estimated transaction time
- Confirm and then complete the transaction costs
Withdrawing money from Paypal usually takes a longer processing time that is between 2 to 3 working days. However, before you confirm your transaction, the time it will take to make a withdrawal will be displayed.
However, it is essential to note that the maximum amount one can transact ranges between Ksh. 140,000 per day to Ksh.70,000 per transaction.
In Africa, the financial technology is rapidly transforming lives in many African countries. Mpesa for one has revolutionized the way money is being spent in Kenya. As a result of this, more economies are raising from different regions of the country. This partnership with Paypal is going to help us grow our economy to even greater heights. You can learn more from the video below.