Kenya has seen great improvements in Government service delivery, thanks to the internet. In case you are wondering on it can be possible to Access the eCitizen Kenya Driving License renewal portal Renew Your Driving License on eCitizen. Don’t worry, you are in the right place.
You can Renew your Driving License Online in Kenya from the comfort of your office, cyber cafe or living room, pay using Mpesa or credit card and later print and attach it to your old license book.
How to Renew your Driving License Online In Kenya
NTSA through eCitizen website allows you to do the following online:
- Renew your Driving license for One or Three years
- apply for a provisional driving license
- Apply for an Interim Driving license
- Make duplicate Driving Licenses for old ones
- Correct the information on your driving license
- Driving Class Endorsement (Class A or J only)
These can be done from the comfort of your home or office using your smartphone or computer. A small fee is required for the above processes and is either paid through Mpesa, Debit and credit cards.
For eCitizen Kenya driving license renewal, you will pay Ksh 600, for one Year and Ksh 1,400 for 3 years. NTSA will charge Ksh 50 As convenience fee.
eCitizen Kenya Driving License Renewal
You need to create an eCitizen account to be able to access this services, all you need for your e-citizen account is an email account, ID number, passport sized photo and lastly your phone number to activate.
Steps to renew the driving license online
- Visit the eCitizen website and login or create an account if you don’t have one. See details for creating on here
- After creating your account, check your email to activate the account created, then log in using your ID Number or email address.
- Click on “Get Service” Button Under NTSA, then on “Make Application” Button on the next screen
- Click the + sign adjacent to Driving License and select either “One Year Driving License Renewal” or “Three Years Driving License Renewal“.
- The next window will be a confirmation window with more information, you are given an option to choose the other time frame for the application.
- Click the apply button and your Driving License details will be automatically populated for you to confirm If they are OK, you can go ahead and make the payment.
- If not, you can use the following numbers to get support. +254 709 932 300 or +254 20 6632 300 within working hours for any support required.
- Choose your preferred mode of payment and follow the steps given to complete your transaction.
- Once done download and print your Renewal slip, cut it nicely and stick it to your Driving license book.
Phew! it wasn’t easy, was it? You are now free to drive in Kenya with your new driving license. I just love living in Kenya at this time. Remember Traffic Police officers normally use a mobile phone to confirm the validity of your License