From corner to corner, Kenya is indeed a magical paradise with plenty to see and do. The Capital Nairobi is the only capital city with a National Park within it. As such, right from the time you arrive in Kenya, your safari experience starts rights from the capital to the remotest of places. There are various Kenya safaris from Nairobi that tourists can enroll for during their vacation. As a matter of fact, the safaris from departing from Nairobi are many and those mentioned here are the most interesting and most popular Kenya safaris from Nairobi.
Safari tours departing from Nairobi
The following are some of the most interesting Kenya safaris from Nairobi.
1. Nairobi to Nairobi Kenya Safari Tours
Nairobi as a destination is very versatile and interesting to visit. It is the world famous Kenya safari capital. Jomo Kenyatta international airport in Nairobi is East Africa’s hub for major international regional and domestic airlines. Most Safaris in Kenya start from Nairobi to other destinations around the country and mostly concluded at the Kenyan coast of Mombasa.
Nairobi is the cosmopolitan heart of East Africa. Being the vibrant pulsing city it is, Nairobi is famous for its cuisine, culture and fascinating nightlife. But even in this busy city, you can get up close to the animals at the world-famous Baby Elephant Sanctuary (Sheldrick Trust) and the Giraffe Centre.
Still, in Nairobi, you can visit the Bomas of Kenya, the animal orphanage and various attractions all listed in this article. You have no excuse for missing out on the fun stuff in Nairobi.
2. Nairobi to Naivasha safari Tour
From Nairobi, you can easily opt for a day tour to Naivasha. A day tour from Nairobi to Naivasha is particularly fun oriented where you can visit the Crescent Island on the lake as well as the nearby Hells gate national park.
Tour Highlights for your Nairobi-Naivasha day trip
- A visit to the Crescent Island on Lake Naivasha
- Biking and Hiking at Hells gate national park
- Bird viewing at Hells gate and Lake Naivasha
- Nature walks on Crescent Island
- Nature walks along the gorge at the hells gate national park
- Boat riding at Lake Naivasha
3. Nairobi to Nakuru Safari tour
Various tour companies organize for such tours where members depart the city around 5 AM and return by 8 PM. The journey to Nakuru from Nairobi is a whole new experience by itself. You get to see the Great Rift Valley from various viewpoints and get the first-hand impression of how vast and spectacular the valley is.
A day at Nakuru should involve visiting the Nakuru National Park and the Lake Nakuru. You will have the privilege of seeing the endangered black and white Rhino species, Giraffe, Zebra, Buffalo, Warthog, Lion, Leopard, and others.
Around Lake Nakuru, bird life is abundant with the sure sightings of flamingos that give the lake a white to pink appeal.
4. Nairobi to Amboseli National Park
This is another route that you can opt for to fulfill your wanderlust. Amboseli National park is popular of its great herds of elephants that ravage the dusty plains in search for pasture. Still, in the park, you get the best views of Mount Kilimanjaro which is the highest mountain in Africa.
The safari tour is approximately 250KM and involved a 4hour drive from Nairobi through the Mombasa Nairobi highway
- Game drive through Amboseli National park
- Views of Mount Kilimanjaro Peak
- Savanna country drive on the route to Amboseli
- Observation hill at the Amboseli
- Masai country and plains
- Elephant, Giraffe, Zebra, Lion, Cheetah, Buffalo, Ostrich
- Visit Masai villages for cultural exposure
5. Nairobi to Ol Pejeta Wildlife Sanctuary
This safari tour from Nairobi is a wildlife & Scenery day trip. It provides you with the opportunity to view Tea, Coffee plantations along the way with possible views of the snow-capped peaks of Mount Kenya. There are probable sightings of the Big 5 during your wildlife viewing drives at the Olpejeta wildlife sanctuary.
You shall marvel at the diversity of Kenya’s climate zones and spot unique animal species at Ol Pejeta. You may see; Elephants, Tree hyrax, White-tailed Mongoose, Black Fronted Dicker, Mole Rat, Bushbuck, Waterbuck, Elands, Rhino, Chimpanzee among many others.
- Sightings of the Big 5
- Views of Tea & Coffee Plantations
- Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Equator Crossing
- Rhino Sanctuary
- Snow-capped Peaks of Mount Kenya
- Visiting the Masai villages
6. Nairobi to Tsavo West and East safari tour
This is a pure safari tour with one goal in mind. While signing for this safari tour, your intentions should be pure wildlife adventure and exploration of rugged terrains. A safari tour to the Tsavo presents an opportunity to explore awesome sceneries such as the Mzima springs which act as a source of livelihood in the park. You also get an opportunity to visit the Rhino sanctuary within the park.
Most tour companies offer this package as their last so that the safari tour gets concluded in Mombasa. Technically speaking, traveling from Nairobi to Tsavo and back is tiring and you may not get the best out of it if it’s a one-day affair.
Remember the Tsavo is the biggest National park and it is almost the size of a whole county so traversing that jungle requires at least a whole day or two.
- 1 day at Tsavo West National Park
- Interact with Recent Volcanoes
- Game Viewing
- Visit the Mzima springs & underwater hippo and fish
- Observe Lava flows
- 1 day at Tsavo East National Park
- Visit the beautiful Aruba dam located on the north bank of the seasonal Voi River. It is visited by thousands of animals and is a great wildlife viewing destination.
- Sights of dust-red elephant browsing as they stroll the park majestically
Nairobi as a capital city is strategically located almost in the middle of the country. As a result, safari tours to any part of the country can be conducted effectively either by road trips or through the use of aviation. The above are some of the popular Kenya safaris from Nairobi that most tour companies offer.
Remember, you could totally customize your safari tour with any of the tour companies listed here. No matter the destination you choose, be prepared to be amazed by the whole experience and the Kenyan People. Karibu Kenya!