This article is a comprehensive guide on how to get an AGPO certificate. AGPO stands for Access to Government Procurement Opportunities. It is a certificate that Youth, Women and Persons with Disability should apply for if they wish to bid for government tenders.
How to apply for AGPO certificate
Follow these steps if you wish to apply for AGPO Certificate online in Kenya:
- Log into www.agpo.go.ke and click on register.
- Create an account by filling in personal details, email address and by setting a password. Once this is complete, an activation link is sent to your email account.
- Open your email and check for the activation email in the inbox or spam.
- Activate your AGPO account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.
- Log into the AGPO system under returning user Page using the email address and the password you had set in step 2 above.
- Register business by providing information in the required fields and attach the required scanned documents mentioned above
Must Read: Uwezo Fund
The AGPO certificate is especially important when soliciting tenders from the following groups:
- Local contracts
- Small enterprises
- Citizen contracts
- Disadvantages groups
- Citizen Contractors in Joint-venture or Sub-contracting arrangements with foreign suppliers
Must Read: Youth Fund Loans
AGPO certificate required documents
For one to qualify for an AGPO certificate, you will need the following documents:
- Identity Card(s)/Passport(s).
- Business Registration Certificate/ Certificate of Incorporation.
- PIN/VAT Certificate.
- Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Partnership Deed for Partnership Business.
- Memorandum/Articles of Association and CR12 mandatory for Registered Companies.
- For Construction Category – Letter/Certificate from the National Construction Authority, Energy Regulatory Commission or any other Authorized Public Technical Body
To benefit from preference and reservations schemes, an enterprise owned by youth, women or persons with disabilities shall be a legal entity that:-
- Is registered with the relevant government body
- Has at least seventy per cent membership of youth, women or persons with disabilities.
- The leadership shall be one hundred per cent youth, women, and persons with a disability, respectively.