Digital marketing is revolutionising the way businesses advertise and market their services and products. As a result of this, there has been an upsurge of digital marketing courses. There are a variety of institutions which specialise in offering digital marketing training to anyone who would like to learn. However, how does one determine the best digital marketing courses in Kenya to undertake? Let’s discuss the details in this article.
Types of Digital Marketing Courses
There are two main types of digital marketing course in Kenya. The first Kind is the short courses, and the other kind is those that may take a while to complete. A variety of factors largely determines the choice of one course over the other.
These factors include:
- The amount of time that a potential student may be willing to invest
- The total tuition cost
- The mode of delivery of the lesson
- Availability schedule for the prospective student
Who should take up a digital marketing course?
It’s worth to note that the digital marketing course is precious, especially with the rapid technological changes. This course can be taken up by business professionals, marketing experts, or even a marketing communication specialist from any organisation. Since most of us (Millenials) would rather be social media influencer than hold down an 8 am to 5 pm job, this course will provide us with invaluable knowledge on how to influence those brands. Therefore, it does not matter which aspect of advertising and marketing you want to pursue, and this course cuts across all of it.
Read also: Marketable courses in Kenya
Digital Marketing Courses in Kenya Institutions
As earlier stated, many institutions are offering digital marketing courses in Kenya currently. Some classes may run for a short period, as short as three days while others may run for a few months. Most institutions prefer offering this course as an online course to cater to the needs of most of its customers.
Africa Digital Media Institute
This institute offers a digital marketing course that runs for four Months. Moreover, the institute has three major intakes that are January, May, and Septemeber. Therefore, it is not yet too late to send your application.
One needs to have the following for admission
- One should have at least a D- with two principal passes in two subjects.
- One should also be computer proficient.
- The fees charged by the institution for this course is around Sh. 45000.
This course covers social media, content writing, email marketing, search engine optimisation (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM), data analysis, design, AdWords and much more.
2. Simon page college of Marketing
Simon Page college of marketing is an internationally accredited marketing institution. The Institute offers various marketing courses from multiple institutions. Take, for instance, its professional diploma in digital marketing is being provided from the Digital Marketing Institute in Ireland. This course is offered through a flexible study option to accommodate the needs of its students.
More to this, this college is also accredited by the chartered institute of marketing(CIM) the UK. As a result of this, the college offers the following professional courses in digital marketing;
- Foundation Certificate (Level 3),
- Professional Certificate in Marketing (Level 4),
- Professional Diploma in Marketing (Level 6),
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing (Level 7)
3. Ora Digital Marketing Training
Ora digital marketing training offers various digital marketing courses in Kenya. This school provides a variety of digital marketing courses online.
Some of the digital marketing courses that Ora offers for free include:
- Adobe photo Illustrator
- Web and data analytics
- Content development
Those courses that require one to pay for them are:
- Email marketing training
- Content development training
- Advanced SEO strategy
- USSD programming
- API Development
- Social media marketing
- Responsive design
4. Alpha Academy
Alpha Academy is an online school that enables its students to attend classes and take assignments based on their availability. This academy has a wide range of digital marketing courses on offer. Here is a list of those courses and their price range:
- Digital Marketing Master class – Ksh.44,230
- Level 3 Diploma in digital marketing complete training – Ksh.44,230
- Advanced diploma in digital marketing – Ksh.44,230
- Level 3 Diploma SEO and digital Marketing – Ksh.44,230
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing – Ksh. 39, 474
- Digital Marketing Diploma – Ksh. 39, 156
- Advertising and Marketing Diploma level – Ksh.44,230
- Social Media Marketing Diploma Level 3 – Ksh.39,474
- Professional Diploma in SEO – Ksh.44,247
- Professional Diploma in branding and Management – Ksh 47,420
Cousera is an online accredited school that offer a wide range of courses. However, for cousera, most of the digital marketing courses offered here are from recognised Universities worldwide. Some of the digital marketing courses offered here include:
- Digital Marketing – the University of Illinois at Urbana
- Integrated Marketing Communication: Advertising, public relations. Digital Marketing – IE Business school
- Digital Marketing Capstone – the University of Illinois at Urbana
- Marketing in a digital world – the University of Illinois at Urbana
Transmedia Storytelling: Narrative worlds, emerging technologies, and global audiences – UNSW Sydney, the University of South Wales.
Around 95.4% of students who take a digital marketing course in a given institution secure employment within three months of seeking employment. Therefore, digital marketing is among the best courses to take in Kenya today.
If you feel that Digital marketing is your thing, take your first step towards success by applying to one of these institution offering the digital marketing course you are best suited for.