The Kenya Education Fund (KEF) was founded by former Peace Corps Volunteer, Bradley Broder in 2006. KEF is an international nonprofit organization that provides academic scholarships, as well as life-skills and career mentoring workshops, to bright Kenyan students in both Primary and Secondary school who cannot afford to fund their education.
The KEF is supported by private donations, small foundation grants and by individuals who pledge to support a KEF scholar for four years or more. See their website for more details.
KEF has awarded roughly over 1500 scholarships to students, helping them to escape poverty by finishing high school and acquiring the life skills they need to be healthy and successful members of the global community.
The Kenya Education Fund Eligibility
Scholarship Circles for the Kenya Education Fund are opened on 1st March and close on 31st August every year. One must meet the following requirements to qualify for the Sponsorship:
- Must be Kenyan student currently in Standard 8, Form 1 or Form 2
- Must meet The Kenya Education Fund standards of Need and Merit i.e KCPE: 320 marks and above
- The applicant must fill the KEF application form and submit it to KEF Nairobi office by August 31.
The Kenya Education Fund Application Form
The Kenya Education Fund application forms can ONLY be obtained through:
1. Post Office
- Send an unused self-addressed return envelope size A4 already stamped with Ksh 50.00 postage stamps (Kenya only) to KEF offices in Nairobi.
- KEF will then send you their application form
- Return the duly filled application form to the mailing address.
Note: e-mailed or scanned applications are not considered and therefore not accepted
2. Visiting the KEF Offices
The Kenya Education Fund offices are located in Central Church of The Nazarene compound, next to Coptic Hospital, Ngong Rd. Their offices are opened from Monday – Friday 9AM – 5PM and requires one to make a call prior to visiting, this is to make sure that someone will be there to assist you.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- KEF does not offer University or College Scholarships
- Applications filled out by anyone other than the requesting student will not be considered