The MasterCard Foundation in partnership with the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) is inviting MCF –at- RUFORUM Scholarship applications for Ugandan and Kenyan students for the RUFORUM MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for the 2019/2020 academic year.
The scholarship is available for bachelor and master program and it is aimed at encouraging talented students from Uganda and Kenya.
RUFORUM MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2019
The Scholarship is awarded in the following Science fields:
- Science in Food Security and Community Nutrition
- Food and Agribusiness
- Science in Agri-Enterprises Development
- Science in Agri-Entrepreneurship and Communication Management
The scholarship which is a full-board comprehensive scholarship which covers followings:
- Internship attachment
- Tuition fees
- Workshop and conference costs
- One return air ticket for African students from outside Uganda and Kenya
- Entrepreneurship training.
- Living expenses including stipend and accommodation fees
- Research costs
- Laptop and lastly
- Community engagement and field attachment and lastly
Consequently, considering the level of investment, successful applicants will be required to become high achievers, highly engaged and focused students and change makers in their communities and Africa in general. The Numbers of Scholarships is still unknown and the Scholarship can be taken in Kenya or Uganda.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a national of Kenya or Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota respectively.
- Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota.
- Should have completed secondary school and/or diploma for a Bachelors degree application not more than two years from the time of this call.
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship.
- The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the University of Choice – Egerton University or Gulu University.
- Be less than 25 years for undergraduate and less than 30 years for masters studies at the time of application.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Have the commitment to working in agriculture and agricultural value chains.
- Be from economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities, coming from conflict and post conflict areas.
- Have a strong commitment to community transformation.
- For admission into Gulu University for an undergraduate degree program, one must have attained the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)-High School Certificate (HSC) or its equivalent with two principal passes.
- For admission into Egerton University, one must have completed the Kenya Secondary Education Certificate (KSCE) or its equivalent with the at least C+ pass.
How to Apply for the RUFORUM MasterCard Foundation Scholarships
- Get the scholarship and admission forms from the university of your choice.
- The Application forms that you require can be downloaded from the following sites:
- Send your application for admission to the university first, before you apply for the scholarship.
- Study the application guidelines carefully, and provide all the information required, as well as supporting documents.
- Note that female applicants are encouraged to apply and stand a higher chance of acceptance into the scholarship program.
- Applications can be submitted in hard copy or by email attachment to the university of choice. Applications (PDF) by email attachment should not be more than 1 MB for the two file attachment – university admission and scholarship application.
- Applicants should obtain application forms for both the scholarships and admission from the university of choice.
- Applicants shall only apply to one university of choice.
- Email: Mastercard Fdn-at-RUFORUM
RUFORUM MasterCard Foundation Scholarships Application Deadline
The application deadline is March 16, 2019.
Prof. Nancy W. Mungai
TAGDev Program Coordinator
Board of Undergraduate Studies
P.O Box 536-20115, Egerton
Tel: +254 711 68 9880 or +254 720 390 893
Academic Registrar, Gulu University
Awich Road, Laroo Division, Gulu Municipality
P.O.Box 166 Gulu, Uganda
For additional information about the scholarship at Gulu
University Please contact:
Assoc. Prof. Duncan Ongeng
TAGDev Program Coordinator
Faculty of Agriculture and Environment
Gulu University, Awich Road, Laroo Division, Gulu
Tel: +256 782673491
Other Similar Scholarships opportunities.