Most Kenyans survive on loans throughout the year. Thanks to mobile phones now you can use an App known as Branch Loan App to get credit on your smartphone.
Branch is a product of Branch International, a micro-finance lending institution operating in several countries including Kenya. Branch International uses Branch app to make it easy for Kenyan citizens to access emergency loans anytime and anywhere.
What is Branch Loan App?
Branch loan App is a mobile loan application downloadable from Google play store that allows you to access credit from your mobile phone. Branch loans are usually disbursed immediately through Mpesa with the minimum loan limit being Ksh 250 and can reach up to a maximum of Ksh 50,000.
Once you get a Branch loan you can choose the repayment period of between 1 to 12 months charged at a flexible interest rate. The interest rate is usually dependent upon a customer’s credit score.
Advantages of Branch Loans
- Branch loan products are designed to fit your needs
- Branch loans do not have late penalties or rollover fees
- A customer does not need a savings account to access use Branch loan app services
- A good credit history with Branch qualifies you for larger loans with flexible terms.
Must Read: Tala Loan App
How Branch Loan App Works
The Branch loan App uses machine learning algorithms which process thousands of data entries to assess your credit profile and create tailored loan products.
Data is collected with permission by accessing information on your phone such as
- SMS logs
- Mpesa Logs
- Handset Details
- GPS Data
- Call logs
- Social Network Data
- Contact lists
Note: You can also increase your credit limit by following the instructions written in the previous post on how to increase your loan limit. I myself have applied those rules several times on different loan apps and they have worked for me 100%. You too can try.
Branch Loan Requirements?
Branch Loans only requires your active Facebook account details, mobile number, and a National ID card number after which it scans your phone for the data described above to determine your credit score and hence loan eligibility.
More specifically, you need the following:
- Smartphone – Either Android or iPhone
- A valid/active Facebook Account.
- Safaricom line and Tigo Pesa or Vodacom Mpesa if you are in Tanzania
- Your National ID Number
As stated later in this post, after you’ve downloaded and installed the Branch App. Branch will check the information provided by CRB Kenya. This process is done to know your credit score.
To check your credit score kindly follow the steps highlighted in this article: How to check your CRB status in Kenya.
How to download branch loan application
Here is a detailed guide on how to download branch loan application on your mobile phone: This method is for Branch app download for android based phones.
- Visit the Google Play store on your Android smartphone and search for the Branch App.
- Download and install the app on your phone
- Open the app and log in using your genuine Facebook account or phone number (recommended). (Branch only allows one branch account per person and the Facebook account you use when you first log into the app is the one we always associate with your account).
- Open the App and Click on the left Menu. Under Promotions use this code EGR440 to help in getting a loan.
- Fill out the form provided and submit it for a quick review.
- Wait for about an hour or two to apply for your loan
How to pay branch loan
Repaying your loan is easy and can be done on your phone through Lipa na M-Pesa. Here is a step by step guide on how to pay branch loan.
First Step: Navigate to the Mpesa menu on your phone
Step 2: Select Lipa na M-pesa option
Step 3: Use the Paybill item and enter the Number 998608
Step 4: Use your mobile number as the Account No.
Last Step: Choose the amount you need to pay, always note that you can pay branch loan in installments. After you enter the amount, input your Mobile money Pin and click ok.
Branch loan contacts details
Are you in need of help and need branch loan contacts? Well here is how to contact Branch Loan providers in Kenya.
There are many ways to get branch loan contacts and here are the 4 main ways you as a client can use to contact the mobile loan lender;
- The first way is through the APP itself where there is a customer care service
- You can also use this email address [email protected] to contact Branch International
- They have an active Facebook page
- You can also find them on Twitter
There you have it those are the currently available branch loan contacts.
How to earn commission
How easy does it get guys? We all need money and at one point we take small loans from mobile loan apps. However, Branch is a Mobile loan app with a difference.
They appreciate the trust you have with them to the point of rewarding you commissions for any referral made. When they started giving commissions, they would pay 300 per referral but the figure has been since increased to Ksh 500 per referral.
If you want to make money by referring friends, here are the steps you should follow to earn your free money. (I call it free because honestly, you don’t break a sweat). There are several ways of inviting friends to use Branch. That could be through word of mouth, SMS, Social Media and other Internet platforms.
How to invite friends on social media
- Tap on the three bars on the upper left-hand corner of the app
- Select ‘invite friends’ (your code will show)
- Tap ‘invite friends’ at the bottom center
- Select the messaging or social media app to invite friends from.
- Your friends will finally receive your invitation message for their action.
How to earn commission on branch loan app
Educate your friends about the following points
- Your friends should enter your promotion code in the branch app under the ‘promotions’ tab
- You will receive a message when your invited friends apply your promotion code
- You will receive ksh500 every time a friend repays their first loan
Please let us hear about your Branch loan experience in the comment section below. Why don’t you share this post if you like it?
Before you go, I thought you might also want to read about where to get instant unsecured mobile loans in Kenya.